...The Whining Buyer

OMG.

A 5$ gig for an Adwords campaign, no extras. It is a very fair price for the kind of job I deliver. I gave an 8-days term for it, so I had time to do some fine tuning.

I asked all the details to the buyer and did my best to optimize everything.

The buyer ordered the gig on Friday and, without any notice, wrote me that he needed everything up and running in 2 days. He started whining in my inbox every hour.

I did my best to setup the campaign but, due to the limited target, the first clicks arrived on late Sunday. He went on complaining every single day, while Adwords started to perform nicely. The 3th day he started to do modification to my job, the 4th removed a whole Ad group and then wrote me he was unsatisfied.

He continued to write me 6-7 times a day.

Before ordering, he tried to manage a campaign himself, with no optimization at all, spending money with no results: how could he tell me how to do my job? He told me he would have asked another person to manage the campaign but he was willing to pay anyway, so I delivered the gig on the 4th day.

I can’t understand how people can think you can work for them for 5 bucks plus give a dedicated helpdesk service???

People do not give work its proper value.

How do you deal with such people?

You stop working for them. You’ve already delivered the gig he ordered, right? Politely let him know that you have completed the work, and that you will need to decline further business from him. That’s all you can do at this point, but do it. Don’t be afraid to stand your ground. There will be other buyers, ones who are more inclined to appreciate your hard work. :wink:

If someone was doing that to me, since I have gigs where I make websites and such, I would:

1. Refund
  2. Steal their idea just to be a douche back to them
  3. Block them

:slight_smile: Thank you, It’s nice to receive some good support and encouragement!