Theft by a seller

slave4randi

I recieved an email from Fiverr today informing me that I my ‘order’ was now ready for collection. I logged in to my account here (didn’t click the link in the email obviously) to find to my horror that somebody has hacked my account and ordered from themselves using my account. I have submitted a ticket request but Fiverr are not responding. Please can somebody help. The ‘seller’ also created a fictitious conversation between us and left himself 5star feedback. This is disgusting. Please can somebody help. I hadn’t previously logged in since about 2 years ago!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it’s not a scam.

CS will get back to you, but it sometimes takes a couple of days - your email will tell you what the current response time is.

I’m so worried that this person is going to steal a whole load of money from me. How do I change my payment details on here please?

You’ll need to do that in your account settings.

Please wait for CS to get back to you - I’m sure they will soon!

I went to account settings and couldn’t even find my payment info. I think I ordered 1 gig on here a few years ago so am unsure how they even managed to order it now. The thief is: https://www.fiverr.com/******

Mod note: Seller name removed. Please do not name other users in this manner.

I went to account settings and couldn’t even find my payment info. I think I ordered 1 gig on here a few years ago so am unsure how they even managed to order it now. The thief is: https://www.fiverr.com/******

Mod note: Seller name removed. Please do not name other users in this manner.

Please can you remove the seller’s details from your post?

It’s against the forum rules to post buyers/seller details.

Good luck with CS!

Edited to add - we on the forum aren’t Fiverr - we’re just buyers and sellers like you.

It’s also against the law to steal money from people. I think Fiverr has a bigger responsibility to fulfill before I remove it.

It’s also against the law to steal money from people. I think Fiverr has a bigger responsibility to fulfill before I remove it.

I understand that this is upsetting but unless the hacker got your password through the Fiverr platform somehow, it is not actually Fiverr’s fault. If they got it through other means then it may be your own error or simply a good hacker.

I am sure Fiverr will try to help as much as possible so just wait for their response.

I understand that this is upsetting but unless the hacker got your password through the Fiverr platform somehow, it is not actually Fiverr’s fault. If they got it through other means then it may be your own error or simply a good hacker.

I am sure Fiverr will try to help as much as possible so just wait for their response.

Hi Eoin, I don’t think most well-balanced people would agree with you there. It is the fault of the thief and the responsibility lies solely with Fiverr to rectify the situation.

Hi Eoin, I don’t think most well-balanced people would agree with you there. It is the fault of the thief and the responsibility lies solely with Fiverr to rectify the situation.

Sure, the thief caused it but on balance, the responsibility for online security lies with both sites and the individuals using them.

If the hacker got the password from Fiverr then it is Fiverr’s fault, if not then it is down to you in some way.

I actually don’t think it is Fiverr’s responsibility to fix it either but it is probably down to you to prove your claim.

I do hope it gets resolved though, fraud is horrible.

Sure, the thief caused it but on balance, the responsibility for online security lies with both sites and the individuals using them.

If the hacker got the password from Fiverr then it is Fiverr’s fault, if not then it is down to you in some way.

I actually don’t think it is Fiverr’s responsibility to fix it either but it is probably down to you to prove your claim.

I do hope it gets resolved though, fraud is horrible.

Hi Eoin, thank you for your input. Websites have a legal duty to protect people’s data so your assertion that they are absolved of responsibility is both legally and ethically incorrect. I don’t have to prove a single thing since it was Fiverr that sent me the email and it was a Fiverr seller that stole my money. Your argument is invalid. 24 hours later, I am still waiting for a response from Fiverr.

Hi Eoin, thank you for your input. Websites have a legal duty to protect people’s data so your assertion that they are absolved of responsibility is both legally and ethically incorrect. I don’t have to prove a single thing since it was Fiverr that sent me the email and it was a Fiverr seller that stole my money. Your argument is invalid. 24 hours later, I am still waiting for a response from Fiverr.

@slave4randi Can I ask you? How did the thief purchase a gig from your fiverr account yet you said they didn´t hack your Paypal. Did they hack your credit card or debit card? I really don´t understand. Coz to purchase a gig, the thief would need money, no?

Archived