Fiverr Community Forum

There are soo many people are exchanging favourite of their gig in many social media site. Is it okay or against the fiverr rules?

There are soo many people are exchanging favourite of their gig in many social media site. Is it okay or against the fiverr rules?

5 Likes

Number of favourites is irrelevant, so I doubt Fiverr would care.

10 Likes

I think its useless. Because I saw one guy with 7 gigs with 100+ favorites on each of his gigs but not even a single sell.

7 Likes

Instead of focusing on exchanging gig favorites, you should focus on improving gig quality. Fiverr always try rank the gigs with highest quality. And I believe, favourites are not a ranking factor. A quality thubmnail and description are the most important factor of fiverr gig ranking.

9 Likes

Getting favourites does not really make you get sales, so I don’t think it’s worth the trouble going through all that process. Improve your skills and customer satisfaction, and your sales will skyrocket.

6 Likes

Why only consider if it breaks the rules? Why not consider if it actually gets orders?

It doesn’t. It’s an absurd trick.

Stop thinking that just because a lot of people do something, that means you should think it is effective and consider doing it.

8 Likes

yes I think also its a fact!

5 Likes

yes i think also its a fact!
I am improving day by day

5 Likes

yes i think also its a fact!
I will keep in mind!

4 Likes

No dear, I was thinking about it, after you tell that’s wrong .I will not do it.
Thanks for your opinion.

2 Likes

I think it’s ok to use social media to promote your gigs.

3 Likes

But lots of people have a mix thought about it!

1 Like

Favouriting gigs is only useful to remember where they are. I think it used to help … but hasn’t for a couple of years …

4 Likes

Don’t call people dear here or anywhere in business. It’s unprofessional and most people don’t like it.

4 Likes

Sorry! I’ll keep it mind.
Thank you for identifying my mistake!

1 Like

I think it’s ok, why no?
It wouldnt give u orders, i think, but maybe boost ur gig in face of algorythms

2 Likes

good advice. will do that as well. thanks mate

2 Likes

You don’t think Fiverr thought about people trying to game the system by favoriting gigs? It’s basically a glorified bookmark for buyers to find a gig they are thinking about buying on a later date.

4 Likes

@humanissocial, is it ok to say “Dear Sir” while sending offer to buyer request??

1 Like

boost ur gig in face of algorythms

It doesn’t. It is literally just a glorified bookmark.

Don’t want to bother him by tagging, but frank_d has two youtube lectures. He’s a top rated seller and has been here for about 7 years - they are both quite informative.

Here’s the first one, which I believe is the one where he speaks about favourites, among many other things: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQX1GVjk5wI

7 Likes