Fiverr Community Forum

There IS a Point to the "Report" Button, Right?

Please…tell me there is. Make me believe it. Because I clicked report a dozen times on a dozen nasty, insulting messages from a potential buyer…and their messages KEEP GETTING THROUGH. Has anyone else experienced this?

I’ve heard some people have had this happen. It hasn’t happened to me. I would suggest to take care that you only click the report button once per user. If you click it again due to a lag issue, accidental double-click, or because something does somehow get through - it might actually “unreport” it.

If that doesn’t help I would submit a ticket to Customer Support and tell them briefly and politely about what the person did and what happened with the failure of the report option.

I too have had this happen. Where they are blocked for a few hours then they are unblocked. Not sure why this is - I’d suggest filing a support ticket.

the customer support on this shithole sucks cokk. they are just kids i bet being paid peanuts.

I’ve never had an issue with continued communication after reporting a post. If you haven’t done so already, let the person know you have reported them and they are no longer permitted to contact you. I know it sounds ridiculous…but telling them you’ve taken action might persuade them to move on.

Good luck!

Try and clear your browser if that does not help I suggest you contact support since it might be a technical glitch. I would also report the buyer :wink:

It is my understanding that the report button is only to report spam. It is not meant to block someone from messaging you. If I am wrong please let me know.

Reply to @misscrystal: It is also meant to block users from contacting you. The last time I utilized the feature, I received a message that said, in essence, “Username BLANK will no longer be able to contact you. If you want to undo this, you will need to contact support.”

Hope that helps :slight_smile: