Fiverr Forum

There is no way to stop people contacting you

Unless they are actually spamming.

If you click that ‘report’ button then the report is sent to Fiverr Customer Support. They will then determine whether spam occurred or not. If it DID NOT then the spam report is removed and the customer can get back in touch with you…

how silly. There are some people I do not want contact with.

I recently realised the same thing. It’s not always spam as in they send lots of messages, but it’s the content that bothers me. I sometimes get people wanting me to do this and that on their sites, like create accounts (some that would require my credit card info) on my translation gig. I guess they see I’m from Sweden and they need traffic from here, I don’t know…

So I politely say no but sometimes it’s not enough. I report them when it’s obvious they want to pay me outside of fiverr but the report function doesn’t stop them from contacting me.

It’s silly. If I consider that I don’t want to receive messages from that person, then that decision should be respected. Ah well…

Buh…buh…buh…but Ryan, you said I could write you anytime. :((

Seriously though, how annoying!

@cheezees You bad girl!! Harassing Ryan like that…you need to be punished! The Spam Fairy will be visiting your in-box~

My ex-husband is a member of…um, how to say this politely… an “organized crime” family. Maybe he can hook us up with someone who will “break the typing fingers” of these spammers?? Hey, before you yell at me, it would stop some of the crud coming into emailboxes!

celticmoon said:
  • My ex-husband is a member of....um, how to say this politely... an "organized crime" family. Maybe he can hook us up with someone who will "break the typing fingers" of these spammers?? Hey, before you yell at me, it would stop some of the crud coming into emailboxes!

Ooo. Ooo. I may require a service like that! If I can score it for less than $10,000 then I am all in! Because that is what it will apparently cost to clean up this mess that the person created.

(note to any sort of anti-crime organizations: I am NOT attempting to hire a hitman at all!)

Reply to @celticmoon: Spam Fairy :))

Reply to @celticmoon: Seriously???

> My ex-husband is a member of… an “organized crime” family.

THIS… from a girl offering CUTE little “Podlings”???

Oh wait! I get it:

-Each Panda comes with its own Pistol inside

-Each Penguin, with its own Semi-Automatic

-Each Piggie, with its own Uzi

:open_mouth:

Ok, I am Officially jealous of Ryan!

Just look at all the Hot Fiverr Babes above, competing for his attention.

But then I suppose it’s to be expected, that the rest of us guys would have no chance against Ryan Reynolds…

:wink:

Uh… I think you’ll need more like 50 grand! I needed 10 K just to get some kneecaps busted~! b-(

Kidding!

I think the best course of action would be to ignore messages like that and move on. If there is nothing Fiverr can or will do to stop them messaging you, then simply ignoring the person should be enough to discourage them from contacting you in the future.