There must be a Edit option in custom offers!

Guest wiseexperts

Guest wiseexperts

Hi Everyone! As we all know we can send custom offers to clients after dealing with, but I believe there must be a edit option in custom offer section before the offer accepted, just like if we want to modify the offer like increasing time limit of order, update of description or want to scale up the price to avoid the withdrawal of offer and sending the new offer, Sometime it looks awkward to buyer.

Today I was in a need of update description of offer after dealing with client and I never see any option regarding this. So I think it is a better suggestion. What you think?

-DAni

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I respectfully disagree. If a customer doesn't notice you edited the offer and then places it based on what you discussed when you first sent the offer over you could have way more awkward situations than if you clearly withdraw the offer and send a new one. It should be very clear to a customer if you change the terms of an offer, and withdrawing and sending a new one is the clearest possible way to do that.

17 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

I did not know we could withdraw our offers, once they were sent?  🤔

Sure, as long as a customer hasn't accepted it, we can. There's a button on the offer that just says "Withdraw Offer." I've had to use it in cases where a customer asked me to rewrite it for clarification, and also in a few cases where between the customer asking for the offer and accepting it, I got an order from someone else and was no longer available with the exact details I had offered previously, so either had to change a timeframe or just decline to work with someone. To be clear, this would be like a week, not getting a better offer in an hour. That would be pretty rude, I think.

I'd settle for them just recoding the 'Describe Your Offer' dialog box so that it's actually usable again. Right now, something like 40% of the box is taken up by the bar at the bottom that contains the word count, and it's almost Inst*gram level bad to type in. Been that way for over a year now.

Archived