"There's an issue with your Fiverr account" It is confusing me more

azizar186

this is my support ticket message "
Hi,
A buyer asked for s***e, email or phone number and I told her that sharing direct contact details is against fiverr terms and request her to continue conversion through the message box but still a notification appear and I had to confirm that I understand as well as the following email! so,
is it bad for my account and ranking?
What should I do when this kinds of situation occur?
Please advise, thanks

email subject : There’s an issue with your Fiverr account
Hi azizar186,
To protect our buyers and sellers and to promote a safe marketplace, we ask that you do not exchange personal contact information (e.g. s***e, email, phone number, social media information, etc.).
For more information, please review our Terms of Service.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out at http://support.fiverr.com
Thanks,
The Fiverr Team
"
and this was the response
"
Thank you for contacting us about this. It is against our Terms of Services to provide or request contact information from other Fiverr users.

To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

If the buyer’s personal contact information is necessary for you to complete your Gig (such as a s***e Gig), please mention this in your Gig title (if possible), Gig description, and in your order requirements. Please advise your buyers to only submit the required information, and to only send this information via the order page.
"

So, my questions are:

1. I didn’t ask for any contact details but politely refuse to share the same then why Fiverr is sending the email with subject “There’s an issue with your Fiverr account” and asking to confirm that I understand?
  2. What else should I do when any buyer ask for contact details?
  3. Did I do any wrong by replying to that message?

Thanks

I think this is not an issue but your account is more important so I suggest you take a screenshot of chat where the buyer is asking for email and you are apologizing him and contact Fiverr support. Clear your position in front of Fiverr eyes.

PS: If any buyer ask for email or personal contact or he sends you his email or contact no Send him this message as soon as possible "DEAR BUYER I CAN NOT DEAL OUTSIDE FIVERR AS THIS IS ILLEGAL ACCORDING TO FIVERR TERMS AND CONDITIONS"Thanks.

It seems like customer service is really now just sending out automated warnings and responses to most people. Since you can’t argue with a computer, you will just have to reply to people who ask to communicate outside of Fiverr in future with:

"Hi,

Sorry, I can’t help you with this.

Kind Regards,

(You)"

It seems like customer service is really now just sending out automated warnings and responses to most people. Since you can’t argue with a computer, you will just have to reply to people who ask to communicate outside of Fiverr in future with:

"Hi,

Sorry, I can’t help you with this.

Kind Regards,

(You)"

Yeah, that seems to be the only solution.

I think this is not an issue but your account is more important so I suggest you take a screenshot of chat where the buyer is asking for email and you are apologizing him and contact Fiverr support. Clear your position in front of Fiverr eyes.

PS: If any buyer ask for email or personal contact or he sends you his email or contact no Send him this message as soon as possible "DEAR BUYER I CAN NOT DEAL OUTSIDE FIVERR AS THIS IS ILLEGAL ACCORDING TO FIVERR TERMS AND CONDITIONS"Thanks.

“DEAR BUYER I CAN NOT DEAL OUTSIDE FIVERR AS THIS IS ILLEGAL ACCORDING TO FIVERR TERMS AND CONDITIONS”

Using the phrase “outside Fiverr” will cause your message to be flagged by the trust and safety team and so it will not go through for up to 24 hours.

I would suggest saying “Fiverr requires all contact to be done through the Fiverr messaging system.

• 3 years later...

Same thing has happened with me on today. A seller has asked this from me and I given him my contact number.
Got this message.
Your account has been flagged for sharing contact information.
To protect our community and to promote a safe marketplace, we ask that you do not exchange personal contact information (e.g. ■■■■■, email, phone number, social media information, etc.). We ask that you also do not request to communicate outside of the Fiverr platform, as it creates safety and privacy concerns. Please remember that services should be offered and delivered exclusively on Fiverr.

This is your first warning. If you repeat this violation or continue to violate Fiverr's TOS, your account will be suspended.If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out at [https://support.fiverr.com](https://support.fiverr.com/?email_id=f762fdcb5b8f2cfe62e8b61d549385fb&email_name=on_user_warning_by_action)Thanks!The Fiverr team

Same thing has happened with me on today. A seller has asked this from me and I given him my contact number.

Got this message.

Your account has been flagged for sharing contact information.

To protect our community and to promote a safe marketplace, we ask that you do not exchange personal contact information (e.g. ■■■■■, email, phone number, social media information, etc.). We ask that you also do not request to communicate outside of the Fiverr platform, as it creates safety and privacy concerns. Please remember that services should be offered and delivered exclusively on Fiverr.

This is your first warning. If you repeat this violation or continue to violate Fiverr's TOS, your account will be suspended.If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out at [https://support.fiverr.com](https://support.fiverr.com/?email_id=f762fdcb5b8f2cfe62e8b61d549385fb&email_name=on_user_warning_by_action)Thanks!The Fiverr team

and I given him my contact number.

Got this message.

Yours is not the SAME. You violated TOS, the original poster of this topic did not.

You should never send your number. Now it is over. And this topic is 4 years old.

Archived