Fiverr Forum

There's something wrong with the new fiverr update!

NOW THAT THEY HAVE DONE THIS CRAZY EXPERIMENT… ABSOLUTELY NO SALES ANYMORE!

FIVERR JUST TOOK ALL THE SALES AWAY AND IT’S LIKE WE DON’T KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING HERE ANYMORE!!!

WHAT EXACTLY IS GOING ON? AND HOW DO WE SOLVE THIS BAD SITUATION?

Thanks!

On the Logo design category, under the High Rating tab, the gigs are just swapping around with every page reload. I’m trying to understand what are they trying to achieve with this change.

View:

This is a post from November 2012:

What I am trying to convey:
The search algorithm fluctuates.

Post that may help you:

Best of luck.

NOTE: Please avoid writing in ALLCAPS as it’s a sign of yelling on forums, and people don’t appreciate all-uppercase text (also, I read very fast, but when someone gives me uppercase text to read, it takes me forever to read and I rather not read it)

Now, a few points:

• they haven’t done the experiment - they are still doing it, it’s ongoing, and there is no known expected finish line

• you cannot solve your bad situation because, as it appears, many on Fiverr still have lots of sales and haven’t been affected by these crazy experiments - that should make you think twice about your own services and their current state (if you want to be ahead of the game, you can’t remain static)

So start looking at things you can improve, promote yourself instead of waiting for Fiverr do your promotion, and experiment yourself with different search tags, different titles & descriptions, etc. (if you want to beat Fiverr’s experiments, then experiment yourself, too :wink: )

I second this. Try it. It works.

You’ve been around a long time. (So funny, on Fiverr 3 years is a while.)

Have you updated your gig in a while? Raised your prices to reflect your value?

Fiverr is getting away from just promoting the higher volume sellers IF there are other sellers who sell more overall in terms of revenue. If I sell fifty $5 gigs ($250), and you sell five $75 ($375) gigs, they now are including that in the rankings and promoting you more. Yes you only have 5 sales, but the VALUE is higher.

A win for those of us shooting for quality over just volume. They are also paying closer attention to what we have done lately. If I sold 1000 gigs last year, but 500 this year. IF my prices didn’t go up, then my total sales are way down.

There is also a ton of additional new sellers joining the platform. Some with tons of real world experience before Fiverr, some just beginners. The competition is getting better (and will continue to do so…)

You have lots of options. A new gig, upgrade presentation… It’s up to you to keep getting better. Start a new “Premium gig” with higher prices (ADD value too), and see how it does.

Sometimes the older sellers just keep their pricing the same, they get run over by the newer sellers who are strong in their skills, but raise the prices to match their value.

Ouch, touche! (me being the older seller here)

Great thoughts, Lisa! I’m trying to adjust to the new parameters on the ever evolving Fiverr platform! :slight_smile:

I hear you graphics_pro360!

I’ve worked a lot in the past with programmers who make and deploy a change without full testing, and awareness of the results. It leads to “unintended consequences.” I sure believe we are seeing that phenomenon now with the search results and “relevance” parameter. I’m trying to be patient, but dang, it has put a dent on my sales!

Unfortunately, a lot of programmers are too proud to say they made a mistake, and roll back their changes until they can more thoroughly review things.

We have the “Recommended” section in my category and I am not in that.
I have no idea why.

I hear you, misscrystal - I can’t figure out a logic - and I’m not sure there is one. I just posted about “Unintended Consequences.”

Before three days you reply to me to Stop complain, plus you did with a Bold text effect lol.
You see ? Now you have no idea why you aren’t in Recommend filter, and so I haven’t any idea why my gigs are not im places that they have been. I hope now you get it that is not about our bad tags but is about search experiment that they are doing.
I am honestly sorry that you are not in recommend and I hope they will fix it for you and all sellers who has been affected.

@fidan06 I’ve never been in that section.