Fiverr Community Forum

Things you SHOULD know before starting a freelancer career

Some people can’t stand to be alone for a minute.

6 Likes

Sound advice. Thanks for sharing. Now I just have to actually sell something.

4 Likes

It is a great idea. I used to do this for a while with my brother. He was working as freelancer but then he found an another job so I left alone again. Finding a coworker would be fun but still you have to have discipline and work on your projects, not foolimg around :smiley:

4 Likes

I am really glad I was sort of a help. :slight_smile: That was the point of the topic :slight_smile:

That is a good piece of advice :smiley:
Fortunatelly, I fought this without any app :stuck_out_tongue: . It may be hard in the beggining but if you set some goals each day you don’t feel like you need the social media untill you fullfill the goals. At least it worked for me…

2 Likes

I didn’t say I couldn’t stand alone. Or I said I liked working with people that much cause you are right with what you are saying.
There used to be days that I didn’t get out and didnt socialize due to high load of work. And I was all alone working. There is a difference between working in people and socializing… If you can manage to solve this out and don’t get trapped then it is perfect… that is the point of the topic :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great tips, all so true. Freelancing gives you newfound freedoms you might not find through other work, but you have to take on unique responsibilities in exchange. Practicing self-accountability is crucial.

3 Likes

Awesome tips!

I would add another tip
Allocate at least 30min every day to think about your gigs, priorities and what is the next step for you. Is there anything you can simplify in your work process or is there anything you can do more for your clients? Don’t only think about tomorrow, what will happen in 5-10 years from now? Are you investing your money, do you have a savings account, are you building a passive income for yourself?

6 Likes

Isn’t that the truth? Ironically, even if you’re in an office full of people, at some points you’re going to be alone. Graphic designers often work alone, they get instructions and then are left to their own devices. The same goes for video editors, even copywriters work alone when writing radio. At some agencies you don’t even get a partner, so you don’t even get to share your cubicle with someone else.

3 Likes

Totally correct. Perfect advices what you have said :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good tip. I believe in investing in long-term bonds or diversified mutual funds. I have been very disciplined with respect to spending/investing my freelance income.

4 Likes

this subject is getting hot with good advices. hopefully we could be some of help to newcomers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You are very welcome! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Who said anything about fooling around? :thinking: haha

Well sometimes it can be a distraction. :stuck_out_tongue:
I remember once I was with my brother and we ended up playing video games instead of working haha :smiley:

2 Likes

you need to be strong and wait for casual friday

3 Likes

Thank you for give us best tips.

3 Likes

You are warmly welcome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you very much for let us know your experience.

3 Likes