I know most of you in the ranting pot are sellers but here are some of my thoughts and experiences I just had to write down at some point
Things you should NOT do/say as a buyer
- If the seller of your choice asks to contact him/her before purchasing, don’t just go ahead and buy a package.
- If you just go ahead and buy a package and it’s the wrong one, don’t try to explain your seller that he is in the wrong when trying to update the order to make it fit into your needs.
- Read the description and prices of the packages. Then you wouldn’t be surprised about the costs when after two days of conversation and discussing your project I send the custom offer with that exact price from the gig page. Wasting both of our time.
- Don’t contact your seller explaining you already worked with five other sellers and all of them were so bad that you cancelled their orders (happened to me, wtf - I’m not going to work with you).
- Stop making your own prices up. You have no idea of most of the workfields. You don’t know the work process. You don’t know the ressources and time it takes to create your order. You are not in a place to to determine what my work is worth. Don’t ask me to work for $400 cheaper and deliver 20 days earlier just because you feel “it takes to long and is too expensive”.
- Stop being insulting because you can’t afford a service or if I cancel your order. “I want to work with you so badly! But can you do it for half of the price?” - “No.” - “I don’t care, f*** you, your work is terrible anyways. I have found another seller paying ME to work for me hehehe ;)))”. (happens more often than you think)
- Make up your mind before we finish an order. If you agree to any kind of concept that was discussed, don’t hit the revision button trying to suddenly change everything because you had a better idea in the meantime. That’s not a revision.
- Stop sending “Hi” instead of taking 5 minutes to actually write down what it is you need and details about your project. This is not Tinder.
- Stop asking to work for free for a shoutout, an instagram post, or a project just because it has a “charity touch”. I get these requests multiple times per week.
- If it’s your birthday and you, as an absolute stranger, want a discount, it is also suddenly my birthday too and you’ll have to pay even more because it seems to be so important to you to care for some stranger on the internet ;).
- Stop telling me another seller has cheaper prices. Work with that one then!
- Don’t hit the revision button saying “I really like it. I’ll check it out when I have time.” I had orders 2 weeks in that state. If you have no request to change something, simply don’t use it!
- On this platform are thousands of sellers from different time zones. We’re also getting dozens of messages a day. Stop the “HELLO?!”, “Are you there?!?!?!”, “respond faster! I’m in a hurry” messages because you did not receive an answer for 5 minutes. It just makes me want to stop working with you.
Well, if you guys have further points, feel free to add them! Other than that there are more awesome and kind buyers on fiverr. Most of the time I have great work experiences. But sometimes you have these kind buyers contacting you