Fiverr Forum

Think Before Starting A New Discussion / Posting

As a follow up to my use the What are you looking for ? box (up there in the top right…) discussion please, please think about what you are posting as lots of new discussions and posts make no sense at all :frowning:

If you are unable to find a discussion using the What are you looking for ? box (up there in the top right… you starting to get my point…) then think about what you are asking… then perhaps you will get an intelligent answer :wink:

I agree with everyone on this thread! And I tend to think that jeffmoses was actually using “the ranting pot” to rant about people not putting out a few minutes of effort to keep the forum tidy - not specifically instructing peeps on how to use the forum. But of course that’s my own opinion. :slight_smile:

Shouldn’t people be free to start any discussion they want on the Ranting Pot? One would think that the Ranting Pot would support one’s frustration or passion about things related to their experience here. Viewers and other posters have an option not to comment or even to view it if they choose.

Some people are extremely introverted and may just screw up enough courage to start a discussion or even merely express some kind of frustration, but then may lose it all if they read a post that says “Think before starting a new discussion/posting”. We have to also be cognizant of the fact that English is not the first language of many sellers on Fiverr and may be a bit put off by your post if they are not entirely confident posting in English. Let the Ranting Pot be what it is…a ranting pot!

Rant on!

@madmoo - Thanks for replying for me as yes I was 100% referring to all sections on the forum :wink: Somewhat spoils the forum when there are hundreds of the same the thing or people putting things that make no sense at all then just seem to disappear anyway without following up etc.

@madmoo - Agreed :slight_smile:

@itsyourthing - Thanks for your comment. Yes, a little effort would go a long way :slight_smile:

Alas, it’s a lazy world and getting lazier by the minute!

Must be quicker to just look. I see people posting about things that are literally on the next discussion down on the list. Maybe I expect to much… :wink:

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Thank you obg. I think it is important that we always temper our words with gentle kindness. Everyone should have a voice …

Also, on top of what everyone else has stated, I think I’ve noticed a lot of people like to start a new discussion so that they are seen and possible someone clicks on their name to check out their gig. When you write within a thread it can easily and quickly get lost and unseen. This is clearly seen in the “collect my gig and I’ll collect yours” same type treads.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I agree with everyone on this thread! And I tend to think that jeffmoses was actually using “the ranting pot” to rant about people not putting out a few minutes of effort to keep the forum tidy - not specifically instructing peeps on how to use the forum. But of course that’s my own opinion. :slight_smile:

Shouldn’t people be free to start any discussion they want on the Ranting Pot? One would think that the Ranting Pot would support one’s frustration or passion about things related to their experience here. Viewers and other posters have an option not to comment or even to view it if they choose.

Some people are extremely introverted and may just screw up enough courage to start a discussion or even merely express some kind of frustration, but then may lose it all if they read a post that says “Think before starting a new discussion/posting”. We have to also be cognizant of the fact that English is not the first language of many sellers on Fiverr and may be a bit put off by your post if they are not entirely confident posting in English. Let the Ranting Pot be what it is…a ranting pot!

Rant on!

@madmoo - Thanks for replying for me as yes I was 100% referring to all sections on the forum :wink: Somewhat spoils the forum when there are hundreds of the same the thing or people putting things that make no sense at all then just seem to disappear anyway without following up etc.

@madmoo - Agreed :slight_smile:

@itsyourthing - Thanks for your comment. Yes, a little effort would go a long way :slight_smile:

Alas, it’s a lazy world and getting lazier by the minute!

Must be quicker to just look. I see people posting about things that are literally on the next discussion down on the list. Maybe I expect to much… :wink:

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Thank you obg. I think it is important that we always temper our words with gentle kindness. Everyone should have a voice …

Also, on top of what everyone else has stated, I think I’ve noticed a lot of people like to start a new discussion so that they are seen and possible someone clicks on their name to check out their gig. When you write within a thread it can easily and quickly get lost and unseen. This is clearly seen in the “collect my gig and I’ll collect yours” same type treads.