Think I blew it

I am really mad as I have been away after my father died and had to take time out I put gigs on suspend so no one could buy from me

I just come back today to see some have tried and cancelled I have offered it free to them as a good will gesture

but still I am really mad my gigs were showing has this happened to any others

Contact customer service about the situation; they might remove the feedback as a one-time courtesy. They did this for me after I fell ill with pneumonia and couldn’t put my 18 gigs on hold before going into the hospital :slight_smile: If this isn’t something you’ve made a habit of, they should be able to fix it.

This sadly happened a SECOND time over the holidays, which is why I no longer have a 100% rating. What happens is, as the customer service person explained to me when I inquired why I kept getting sales even after suspending a gig, is this: suspending it only hides it from searches, but does not actually remove it from the Fiverr purchasing system. If a buyer has your gig bookmarked or in the browser open or in the history or whatever, the buyer is still able to buy the gig even if you’ve suspended it.

Interesting that it does that, when at the same time you suspend one you are told it will immediately stop showing in searches. Most misleading to people isn’t it

Reply to @netgirlfriday: Not necessarily true. There was a designer that I was determined with buy from about a month back, and I had their gig bookmarked, collected and up in my browser for about 3 days straight. Each time I went to order though, it gave me a message that said the gig had been suspended and wouldn’t allow me to go through with the order. If suspending only hides the gigs from searches, then it seems like I would have been able to order but I wasn’t.

I think it’s a glitch in their system. They may not want to admit that, but that’s the only thing that explains it. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have been getting that message about the gig being suspended. I would have just been able to buy.

I’m sorry that happened to you @peacefulhealer and I hope you’re able to get it resolved. It doesn’t seem particularly fair…

Yes, as I said, the Fiverr people said it was a glitch. I’ve never tried to purchase a suspended gig, so I’m just saying what CS told me was the reason people kept purchasing my gig after I suspended it.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Contact customer service about the situation; they might remove the feedback as a one-time courtesy. They did this for me after I fell ill with pneumonia and couldn’t put my 18 gigs on hold before going into the hospital :slight_smile: If this isn’t something you’ve made a habit of, they should be able to fix it.

This sadly happened a SECOND time over the holidays, which is why I no longer have a 100% rating. What happens is, as the customer service person explained to me when I inquired why I kept getting sales even after suspending a gig, is this: suspending it only hides it from searches, but does not actually remove it from the Fiverr purchasing system. If a buyer has your gig bookmarked or in the browser open or in the history or whatever, the buyer is still able to buy the gig even if you’ve suspended it.

Interesting that it does that, when at the same time you suspend one you are told it will immediately stop showing in searches. Most misleading to people isn’t it

Reply to @netgirlfriday: Not necessarily true. There was a designer that I was determined with buy from about a month back, and I had their gig bookmarked, collected and up in my browser for about 3 days straight. Each time I went to order though, it gave me a message that said the gig had been suspended and wouldn’t allow me to go through with the order. If suspending only hides the gigs from searches, then it seems like I would have been able to order but I wasn’t.

I think it’s a glitch in their system. They may not want to admit that, but that’s the only thing that explains it. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have been getting that message about the gig being suspended. I would have just been able to buy.

I’m sorry that happened to you @peacefulhealer and I hope you’re able to get it resolved. It doesn’t seem particularly fair…

Yes, as I said, the Fiverr people said it was a glitch. I’ve never tried to purchase a suspended gig, so I’m just saying what CS told me was the reason people kept purchasing my gig after I suspended it.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.