Third Party violation I think?

willstauff

Went to adjust my video gig. It was showing up wonky in my search engines.

I’m a Voice Over artist. Many Voice Over people have gone to places like ISPOTTV and used the videos from national brands to voice over…for example my Demo had Home Depot, Cracker Barrel and a couple of other noteable ads. In the VO world it’s considered fair use and widely accepted. I and many others have had demos like this for our video Demo on Fiverr. I just got a deadly “Modify your gig” message from Fiverr and this.

crackdown.JPG.7f7e5086acaa9a5572d58e4618f7d26d.JPG
crackdown804×611 63.6 KB

So it looks like I’m going to have to redo my Video. Don’t like it but I got to do what I got to do 🙂

My questions. Is this a fairly new policy or has this been around for a while?

Thanks for the feedback in advance.

Will

image.png.4ab9e3c465c7c9a612e1c7fd1885c1e1.png
image918×95 8.51 KB

When you’re uploading work into the gig gallery this is what it says, I’ve only been here for a few months so as to how old this is I don’t know, but I think it’s common sense to use your own original work, or work you’ve had exclusively made, regardless if it’s royalty free or fair use.

When you’re uploading work into the gig gallery this is what it says, I’ve only been here for a few months so as to how old this is I don’t know, but I think it’s common sense to use your own original work, or work you’ve had exclusively made, regardless if it’s royalty free or fair use.

I’m been on fiverr for close to 3 years. Top Rated Seller now. Welcome to the journey 🙂

I’m wondering if they are more concerned over the “videos” then they are the audio. Who knows.

Went to adjust my video gig. It was showing up wonky in my search engines.

I’m a Voice Over artist. Many Voice Over people have gone to places like ISPOTTV and used the videos from national brands to voice over…for example my Demo had Home Depot, Cracker Barrel and a couple of other noteable ads. In the VO world it’s considered fair use and widely accepted. I and many others have had demos like this for our video Demo on Fiverr. I just got a deadly “Modify your gig” message from Fiverr and this.

So it looks like I’m going to have to redo my Video. Don’t like it but I got to do what I got to do 🙂

Thanks for the feedback in advance.

Will

Original work requirement doesn’t seem like a new policy, but that message about video not seeming to be original seems new. I don’t remember seeing it on the forum before. They’ve had a similar message saying “not an original image” though. Maybe they’ve recently got a new site function to check for videos being original. Or maybe it just checks an image (video frame) or a few from it to see if they are online somewhere.

Archived