Fiverr Community Forum

Third Warning and Accountgfot restricted

Today I got an email that I have violated TOS and your account is restricted.
I have been doing work on fiverr for 4 years and paid my university fees and it was the only main source of income for me. The reason they told me " HW and Academic Violations"
Now how would I supposed to know wether I am doing universty taks or not because I just received data from buyer and nothing else and fiverr team restricted my account.
I dont know what to do as I am really depressed by this news.
Is there any solution for this?

BR,
Umair

2 Likes

Please see: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360014585217-Why-was-my-account-disabled

4 Likes

You could contact them at support@fiverr.com about it. If there was nothing in your profile/gigs about doing academic work and nothing in what the buyer said to you and you have no way of knowing if it’s for academic work I don’t see why you should have been given that warning. Maybe speak to CS to try to get the warning removed/account restored. Maybe some word the buyer said might have auto-flagged it as academic work.

3 Likes

Hi
There is nothung written on my gig that I will do academic work. I dont even knkw wether I was doing universty assignmnets or not.
Why would I do that thing if i was totally aware of it. I am really depressed by this and this is was my only source of income

1 Like

Also my account is restricted and I dont know when they are going to tell the final decision. What will I do till then? I mean I was totally depending on this

This is one of the tough matters, better you should contact fiverr CS.

The faster you get this resolved the faster you will be back up and running. Freelance platforms have many rules and it’s critical that you clearly understand them. If you feel unsure ask customer service to explain the meaning or have a fellow Fiverr TRS assess your gigs.

2 Likes

You could contact CS at the email address I gave. You could let them know you never knowingly did academic work and never said you’d do academic work in any of your gigs. You could ask what made them think you had done that so you know for in future (eg. whether it was something to do with the gig or something the buyer said etc.) and so it could help you show if they’ve made a mistake (eg. if there was something about a buyer message/requirements that got it flagged as academic work but it definitely wasn’t).

Maybe try and get income from other sources too, so you’re not only relying on Fiverr.

2 Likes

Well i have sent an email. Lets see what happens now

2 Likes