Fiverr Forum

This is a game for some of the buyers! they earn coins?

Okay I don’t like to rant as I am grateful to Fiverr and all that it allows me to do but I think we as sellers have become part of a larger game on the internet.

I attached the screenshot of the order, the buyer was from outside the US and I sent them a message stating they would need to request a mutual cancellation. They replied

i buy this to get coins in game.

Seriously has ANYONE heard of this or know anything about this "game"

I did send the same screenshot to Customer Support to see what they say about all this but this is new to me and if we as sellers are part of a larger web game, then this really explains many of my order and REALLY makes me mad!!!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This was the response I got from CS "think it’s just one of those marketing things where they offer various game rewards for something"

At least they are aware now and hopefully sellers will see this post also

Reply to @tn5rr2012: Interesting. I’m so curious about what’s going on with that.

This was the response I got from CS "think it’s just one of those marketing things where they offer various game rewards for something"

At least they are aware now and hopefully sellers will see this post also

Reply to @tn5rr2012: Interesting. I’m so curious about what’s going on with that.

Customer Support cancelled the gig. I am thinking that maybe it is some sort of scavenger hunt on the internet…

That’s weird. Please update us if the buyer tells you what game he’s playing.

Very weird buyer…

hello sir,

That’s weird. Please update us if the buyer tells you what game he’s playing.

Most likely fiverr( or some one who makes money off of fiverr referrals) has an offer on an affiliate network, they pay the network to feature an offer like " sign up and buy a gig" . Games hook up with these networks to earn some of the money, so they offer the offers to the users and give them game credits instead of some of the commission. So there must be an offer to sign up and purchase a gig from one the affiliate networks the game works with. If you ever play a game on facebook, most of them have an option to earn free coins, this is what that guy did.

Maybe being on the front page isn’t a good thing… attracts all the crazies

HMMM I am wondering if this has something to do with the BITCOINS phenomenon going on. I ran across an article today about games being lured into downloading software and the game creator had an embedded script that allowed him to collect bitcoins from the users playing his games online