This is why Fiverr should never allow Skype calls

cyaxrex

So from time to time, I see people on the forum suggesting that Fiverr should allow s***e communication between buyers and sellers. Personally, I’ve never liked this idea. I do communicate directly with off-Fiverr clients. However, when I do it is always via email or Whatsapp.

Anyway, recently I’ve come to realize first hand why s***e would be awful for Fiverr. Recently I joined a new freelance platform which does allow for s***e interviews and client communication. Sadly, because of this, my experience has so far been overwhelmingly negative.

Albeit that I am a newbie on this other platform, almost all of my bids have received instant glowing responses. People love my portfolio and they want to discuss projects in more detail. - Via s***e. In this case, off I go adding contacts and arranging a live chat. And then the fun starts.

In every single case so far, people posting jobs for at reasonable rates of pay, start charts by talking about who they are and what they do. To be honest, this is a bit tiresome, however, it’s fine. The big problem, though, rests with what comes next. Basically, there is a long-winded sales pitch followed by: "Yes, and to start off with, you’ll be paid $4-$7 per piece of content. We would also prefer to pay you directly via PayPal."

It is truly shocking. First, there is the nerve of advertisig jobs at $500-$1,000. Then there are the obvious problems associated with off-platform payments, which also break the TOS of the site in question.

Given my experiences, be very careful when trying to encourage Fiverr to make s***e (or similar) part of their own system. It is very time-consuming, offers poor likelihood that buyers will convert, and is literally like sticking your head into a hornet’s nest.

So from time to time, I see people on the forum suggesting that Fiverr should allow s***e communication between buyers and sellers. Personally, I’ve never liked this idea. I do communicate directly with off-Fiverr clients. However, when I do it is always via email or Whatsapp.

Anyway, recently I’ve come to realize first hand why s***e would be awful for Fiverr. Recently I joined a new freelance platform which does allow for s***e interviews and client communication. Sadly, because of this, my experience has so far been overwhelmingly negative.

Albeit that I am a newbie on this other platform, almost all of my bids have received instant glowing responses. People love my portfolio and they want to discuss projects in more detail. - Via s***e. In this case, off I go adding contacts and arranging a live chat. And then the fun starts.

In every single case so far, people posting jobs for at reasonable rates of pay, start charts by talking about who they are and what they do. To be honest, this is a bit tiresome, however, it’s fine. The big problem, though, rests with what comes next. Basically, there is a long-winded sales pitch followed by: "Yes, and to start off with, you’ll be paid $4-$7 per piece of content. We would also prefer to pay you directly via PayPal."

It is truly shocking. First, there is the nerve of advertisig jobs at $500-$1,000. Then there are the obvious problems associated with off-platform payments, which also break the TOS of the site in question.

Given my experiences, be very careful when trying to encourage Fiverr to make s***e (or similar) part of their own system. It is very time-consuming, offers poor likelihood that buyers will convert, and is literally like sticking your head into a hornet’s nest.

“Yes, and to start off with, you’ll be paid $4-$7 per piece of content. We would also prefer to pay you directly via PayPal.”

Wait, wait, wait!

So did Fiverr do something right?

If so, you know that it is going to be introduced within a couple of days now…

“Yes, and to start off with, you’ll be paid $4-$7 per piece of content. We would also prefer to pay you directly via PayPal.”

Wait, wait, wait!

If so, you know that it is going to be introduced within a couple of days now

😲

Wait, wait, wait!

My worry of this is the reason behind my post 🙂

My worry of this is the reason behind my post 🙂

I really don’t see that happening tbh.

I know Mr Micha said something on Twitter about a year ago about looking for a solution to make communication easier but there has never been any hint that getting free reign to use s***e would be allowed. In fact, I imagine all the changes with the messaging system in the past year are probably what he was referring to.

I have been getting so many requests for s***e contact that I have created a gig for it but I think it probably has so many Ts and Cs attached to it that only people who have bought from me before will buy it. I still would not like free reign as at least this way people pay to just make the call and so it avoids the types of buyers you are referring to.

Archived