This place is a WASTE of your time

design71

Long story short…

• Top Rated Seller for years
  • Over $45k+ in gigs sold
  • Hundreds of 5 star reviews

Then after ONE lousy buyer experience with a loser who bought the gig, agreed to the terms, accepted the delivery then pitched an aggressive / whiney fit about how he misunderstood to Customer Service gets me booted down to level II. No warning, nothing.

I’m sure you’ve had a similar experience with Fiverr presuming ‘guilt’ first and penalizing you the seller, haven’t you?

Message from Fiverr sent…Screw you, Seller.

Had enough of this crap on top of the 20% take?
Tired of the non-responsive / non-helpful / vindictive CS responses?
Tired of the additional loopholes and changes that make it harder to sell?

You’re better than this place…because, it’s nothing more than a virtual garage sale, where you’re just a bottom dollar number to people who want your value for pennies.

Do you like earning 80 cents on every dollar, before taxes?
Do you like paying the salaries of a management team that could give a crap?
Then stay… or, send a message and close your account.

Hello, I’m sorry this happened to you! Your reviews are outstanding. It’s clear you are great at what you do and command high prices for it. I’m sure you will continue to get sales regardless of your level.
(Hoping you take off that last question from your gig. I know it’s unwanted advice but I would like to see you keep doing well here even without that badge/level.)

Long story short…

• Top Rated Seller for years
  • Over $45k+ in gigs sold
  • Hundreds of 5 star reviews

Then after ONE lousy buyer experience with a loser who bought the gig, agreed to the terms, accepted the delivery then pitched an aggressive / whiney fit about how he misunderstood to Customer Service gets me booted down to level II. No warning, nothing.

I’m sure you’ve had a similar experience with Fiverr presuming ‘guilt’ first and penalizing you the seller, haven’t you?

Message from Fiverr sent…Screw you, Seller.

Had enough of this crap on top of the 20% take?

Tired of the non-responsive / non-helpful / vindictive CS responses?

Tired of the additional loopholes and changes that make it harder to sell?

You’re better than this place…because, it’s nothing more than a virtual garage sale, where you’re just a bottom dollar number to people who want your value for pennies.

Do you like earning 80 cents on every dollar, before taxes?

Do you like paying the salaries of a management team that could give a crap?

Then stay… or, send a message and close your account.

Got given a warning for a reason I still don’t get last month so I get where you’re coming from. It sucks but at the end of the day we really can’t do anything about it. I’ve pretty much given at this point. I’m still around just to see how long I can last.

I’m working on letting go of this whole levels system.

Ever since that “TRS are up to no good” email I’ve been getting more and more stressed about the tiniest hiccups and it’s just not the way to do things if I plan to enjoy what I do longterm.

Can you imagine, I used to worry that I might get an order I wouldn’t be able to do due to skill limitations. Now it’s more of a “I hope there is no misunderstanding or intentional misrepresentation of what I said." It’s exhausting.

So sorry this was the way fiverr chose to do things in your case.

Ever since that “TRS are up to no good” email I’ve been getting more and more stressed about the tiniest hiccups and it’s just not the way to do things if I plan to enjoy what I do longterm.

Can you imagine, I used to worry that I might get an order I wouldn’t be able to do due to skill limitations. Now it’s more of a “I hope there is no misunderstanding or intentional misrepresentation of what I said." It’s exhausting.

Agreed. I’ve been nominated and rejected for TRS two months running now, and I can’t see how my metrics or performance could have been any better in that time.

TRS doesn’t appear to be a reward for anything so much as the most arbitrary of ‘carrot on a stick’ style managerial techniques.

It is exhausting indeed…thanks

Got given a warning for a reason I still don’t get last month so I get where you’re coming from. It sucks but at the end of the day we really can’t do anything about it. I’ve pretty much given at this point. I’m still around just to see how long I can last.

The only thing we can do about it to choose not to participate. I’m shutting down this account because its too much of a distraction to earn 80 cents on the dollar.

Now it’s more of a “I hope there is no misunderstanding or intentional misrepresentation of what I said."

Yes, it’s a little bit of a paranoid feeling as if you never know what might be misinterpreted. I couldn’t fully get the impression someone understood what I was saying so had to cancel an order. They seemed to be asking for more, or something different, than what I offered. It really was something minor.

I can’t remember the last time I had to do this.

It’s SO exhausting. Great point. Warranted stress over things you can’t control is another kind of expense. We need to do what is best for our own self-care. For me, that means not investing my time or strategy in promotions here. There’s little incentive if there’s little justice or autonomy.

It’s SO exhausting. Great point. Warranted stress over things you can’t control is another kind of expense. We need to do what is best for our own self-care. For me, that means not investing my time or strategy in promotions here. There’s little incentive if there’s little justice or autonomy.

So true…zero incentive, and it’s a shame they’ve turned it into this situation.

No business works that way, though. They’re going to do what gets them profits, not what new sellers want. Expecting certain things simply because you are new is no way to do business.

Thanks @humanissocial for your advice, i understand the facts. But at least we should keep the authority informed about the psychological changes among freelancers about fiverr. If there are no sellers, who’s gonna buy? Let me hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Once again, thank you so much!

Thanks @humanissocial for your advice, i understand the facts. But at least we should keep the authority informed about the psychological changes among freelancers about fiverr. If there are no sellers, who’s gonna buy? Let me hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Once again, thank you so much!

You don’t understand the facts if you think Fiverr may go under because some entitled, ignorant sellers leave the platform, angry that a marketplace functioned as… a marketplace. The people who are surprised that a marketplace functions as a marketplace are not going to be the profit-drivers of this platform, believe me. Why even be a seller here if you lack so much understanding of the free market that you assume that it’s a level playing field simply because you are new?

A lot of sellers will leave here because of the many inequities here, as so many of us have been discussing. But let’s not kid ourselves: lacking a free ride for being a new seller is NOT one of those inequities. Fiverr would lose a lot more business by acting as a charity to serve entitled sellers than as a profit-driven enterprise, I assure you.

This is a free market and competition based on demand is what keeps it thriving.

As a buyer, I want to see what I want to see. I don’t want to see things simply because the buyer is new and supposedly deserves advantages simply for being new.

You don’t understand the facts if you think Fiverr may go under because some entitled, ignorant sellers leave the platform, angry that a marketplace functioned as… a marketplace. The people who are surprised that a marketplace functions as a marketplace are not going to be the profit-drivers of this platform, believe me. Why even be a seller here if you lack so much understanding of the free market that you assume that it’s a level playing field simply because you are new?

A lot of sellers will leave here because of the many inequities here, as so many of us have been discussing. But let’s not kid ourselves: lacking a free ride for being a new seller is NOT one of those inequities. Fiverr would lose a lot more business by acting as a charity to serve entitled sellers than as a profit-driven enterprise, I assure you.

This is a free market and competition based on demand is what keeps it thriving.

As a buyer, I want to see what I want to see. I don’t want to see things simply because the buyer is new and supposedly deserves advantages simply for being new.

Well, i didn’t mean that fiverr will go under… that was just a one perception. Anyway, thanks for your explanation!

If there are no sellers, who’s gonna buy?

Not sure what this means, then.

In any case, you’re trying to frame the appeasement of entitled sellers as necessary for the sustainability of this platform. Thanks for reading my explanation of why that would never happen.

Also, I find it ironic that you’re a self-proclaimed expert at SEO and ranking, yet I need to explain to you the nature of competition in business, that algorithms are built around free market need and why that’s necessary.

If there are no sellers, who’s gonna buy?

Not sure what this means, then.

In any case, you’re trying to frame the appeasement of entitled sellers as necessary for the sustainability of this platform. Thanks for reading my explanation of why that would never happen.

Also, I find it ironic that you’re a self-proclaimed expert at SEO and ranking, yet I need to explain to you the nature of competition in business, that algorithms are built around free market need and why that’s necessary.

I see you are very good at writing! Wish you the best!

Trust me man… Only reason you are able to earn this much is because of your Talent period - Buck up budd… thats all it matters…

Probably think of it like a time off… and come back in with full force…

(One Thing I know if you loose, the site looses too… so it would not take too long to get back up

• You are not an elephant but an horse… when it falls… within seconds it gets up…)

Take care
Sam

Trust me man… Only reason you are able to earn this much is because of your Talent period - Buck up budd… thats all it matters…

Probably think of it like a time off… and come back in with full force…

(One Thing I know if you loose, the site looses too… so it would not take too long to get back up

• You are not an elephant but an horse… when it falls… within seconds it gets up…)

Take care

Sam

But elephants are wise and have a good memory. Sometimes it can be wise to plan your journey more carefully, before you end up falling at the same hurdles a lot of other people before you have seemed to stumble at.

Also, elephants can scratch their noses with their nose. Horses can’t hold a can’t hold a candle to them in this respect.

But elephants are wise and have a good memory. Sometimes it can be wise to plan your journey more carefully, before you end up falling at the same hurdles a lot of other people before you have seemed to stumble at.

Also, elephants can scratch their noses with their nose. Horses can’t hold a can’t hold a candle to them in this respect.

Nice… 🙂

All Fiverr is Care about is there 20% commission that your 45k$ Service bring them.
What’s the freaking point of reviewing a buyer if we can’t see them unless he is a seller. Fiverr must give seller option to accept or reject a buyer proposal before ordering. Few days back a stupid order my service and when I asked him if he read my gig carefully he immediately calls of cancellation with reason “Seller isn’t qualify enough to perform this job” and you’ll know what happen when we cancel a order. What if someone just want to ruin your gig and order from different accounts.
They don’t care if you delete account or not, they already have 1000 more top rated seller

So you’re calling 45K+ a waste of your time? That’s okay but please leave the decision about what’s a waste of my time to myself.

That said, I’m sorry you feel mistreated and there certainly are things Fiverr could put more effort in, like doing more incentive-wise for their successful sellers, which would benefit “both sides”.

A better point of view, that there are no both sides - from both sides 😉 , sellers and Fiverr - but one (sometimes more, sometimes less dysfunctional) entity, could go a long way.

Good luck in your new ventures and wherever you’ll go, in any case, and drop the bitterness, it won’t serve you well.

Archived