Thou shalt not Spam!

wuerz123

I’ve received so many SPAM in the last 2 months that I’ve even decided to save an automatic answer to them

Untitled-12.thumb.jpg.b80db353085d1f278670a1ceb3a8ff93.jpg

Even though my old good method is still giving results

Untitled-13.thumb.jpg.03821ddffde90aba49c24965ed0809ac.jpg

I would like having the possibility to give answers as an image, and not just text, like this:

Untitled-111.thumb.jpg.74b427d5507a0006d6d8725af85a8322.jpg

Or when we flag someone for spamming, automatically they receive this kind of screen.
Hope this new trend of spammer sellers wil end soon… 😓

I always wanted to use an automated message like yours myself, but I then thought to myself: what if Fiverr doesn’t like it if I’m simulating an automated message that they should be sending?

So I don’t think I should take the risk of pretending to be Fiverr to some degree… what if I’m violating some internal rule? 😛

But I do like the idea of an image like you posted 😃

I always wanted to use an automated message like yours myself, but I then thought to myself: what if Fiverr doesn’t like it if I’m simulating an automated message that they should be sending?

So I don’t think I should take the risk of pretending to be Fiverr to some degree… what if I’m violating some internal rule? 😛

But I do like the idea of an image like you posted 😃

Well, the automated message is just a normal Quick Response. I don’t say I’m from Fiverr Staff.

The fact is that I don’t lie: I flag them as spam and send the info to Customer Support…

As I’ve seen this method as too drastic, I’ll be fine to have that screen as a warning (nothing official) just to prevent them from doing it again.

I know they should read the ToS before sending a bunch of spam messages, but you know nobody read those unimportant things, uh? 😉

Also

FSOD (Fiverr Screen of Death)

😂

I already like the name!!!

Can I also join the Go Girls club? 😃 I promise to bark like a chihuahua once I’m in! #spam_over_and_out

Can I also join the Go Girls club?

Sure!! You’re welcome!!

Note: coz we will always need some cute guys to bring us coffee

LOL…just a quick post before I get back to my self-imposed hiatus… @wuerz123 seems to have completely taken over this forum last week or so. Not quite in the Emmaki league, but good enough 🙂 Ciao!

Hey!

I thought you were in your sabbatical month!!

Now you have to start all over again, from day 1 😖

Note: Who is Emmaki??? 😕

Hey!

I thought you were in your sabbatical month!!

Now you have to start all over again, from day 1 😖

Note: Who is Emmaki??? 😕

She is another great Forum user, but I don’t know why she was banned, and now she cannot create posts or start new topics 😦

The big red screen is funny, but I just say “no thanks” and I’m on my way. I don’t have a problem with people offering me their services as long as they are courteous about it. I much prefer that to potential buyers who contact me trying to get me to go off Fiverr for a job.

The big red screen is funny, but I just say “no thanks” and I’m on my way. I don’t have a problem with people offering me their services as long as they are courteous about it. I much prefer that to potential buyers who contact me trying to get me to go off Fiverr for a job.

Agreed, but when you get many of them with that clock ticking on the right side… you start to lose your politeness (which on me came in small doses since I was born) 😐

Guest didaralam274

I think your action is too extreme. All you needed to say them it against T&C (most probably they don’t know) and i am pretty sure they will stop. I think it more easy option then reporting and sending pic. At the end it just my opinion.

I think your action is too extreme. All you needed to say them it against T&C (most probably they don’t know) and i am pretty sure they will stop. I think it more easy option then reporting and sending pic. At the end it just my opinion.

I understand your position. However you’re currently not dealing with the amount of work I do.

The fact of having constantly spam messages and also bringing my response rate lower due to receiving them when I’m sleeping is something I personally do not accept.

I also saw it as extreme, but I am in my right to do it. The fact that they didn’t read the ToS is not my fault, but their responsibility as sellers and members of Fiverr.

These are the users who come whining later to the forums asking us to take them out of their trouble.

I understand your position. However you’re currently not dealing with the amount of work I do.

The fact of having constantly spam messages and also bringing my response rate lower due to receiving them when I’m sleeping is something I personally do not accept.

I also saw it as extreme, but I am in my right to do it. The fact that they didn’t read the ToS is not my fault, but their responsibility as sellers and members of Fiverr.

These are the users who come whining later to the forums asking us to take them out of their trouble.

In my case, these are the Forum users who come knocking at my Fiverr Inbox asking me for help, sales or get them out of trouble just because I gave a piece of advice on the Forum.

I imagine @wuerz123 has many of these (especially after spending quality time on the Forum), alongside many other kinds, which bumps up the count of spam to such an alarming rate, becoming hard to keep your sanity when you can’t even concentrate on working.

Oh gosh, I just remembered of a spamming Fiverr user who started “harassing” me with tenths of 1-2-word messages that felt like being flooded (imagine an email notification bell constantly ringing). I couldn’t properly focus on my orders thus mixing up my deliveries. The moment that happened, I got angry, and I simply told that spamming seller to stop messaging me because I would not tolerate harassment. Two more messages for “sorry” and “bye”, and that was it. I was lucky my buyers were kind and understood me.

On a completely different note it would be awesome if we can actually have some editing features within the messaging hub so we can colorize or even bold letters. Plain text is super boring and in some cases confuses both the buyer and seller.

& then we can use RED letters to send to those spam messages.

On a completely different note it would be awesome if we can actually have some editing features within the messaging hub so we can colorize or even bold letters. Plain text is super boring and in some cases confuses both the buyer and seller.

& then we can use RED letters to send to those spam messages.

Oh yeah! Like:

- YOUR MESSAGE HAS BEEN FLAGGED AS SPAM -

That would definitely raise horrors among spamming users and prevent them from doing it again.

Archived