Fiverr Forum

Thoughts on 'Available Now' feature BETA. Good or bad?

So I’ve used this feature a few times now and have been banned until next month. All in all, it’s left me with a pretty negative impression…so I’d like to hear others thoughts. Here’s why:

The feature is built to be unforgiving.
I used it a handful of times and I’ve successfully managed to ban myself for a month. I’m sure this isn’t what Fiverr intended that when they designed this feature to be so negatively impactful for users who are trying it in such a short amount of time it’s poor design. Fiverr messaging can be very unreliable, so when you are only giving users 5 minutes to reply, and they get distracted, you hammer them.

I mean, even the language used is a bit ridiculous…
“Blocked From AVAILABLE NOW!”
“Since you violated the terms of AVAILABLE NOW, your status will be blocked until next month”

So, you are forcing the users to be very careful in order to use it without a negative impact. As I’m doing, it’s turned on when I am available ‘now’ to talk perhaps, but likely still working. If you’re actively working, then you’re prone to be focused on what you are doing and may respond a few minutes late.

Neat feature, likely helpful to Buyers, though too easily a negative impact on Sellers.
Try again.

Beta system very good insitive from Fiverr.but you have to respond with 2 ments after that thay finalize.obvously beta system improve your business.

Yes me also belis beta systam good far salls. But you be careful, reply within 5 ments only then it work or u miss chance. It will halp in mek salls. Love Fiberr. :+1::+1::+1::smiley::smiley::smiley::rofl::rofl::rofl::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::muscle::muscle::muscle:

Never used it but it definitely good for new committed sellers…

Yes. It’s a great option for new sellers.

Its an upcoming fiverr option, although i got blocked on my 2nd day. Its very difficult to response within 5 minutes and having very low cancellation rate

Sorry to hear that, but still it is your view on this.
I am totally against what you said because this option gave me a lot of offers and give a chance for new and unpopular sellers to show themselves!

My friend, it is “Available now” which means you are using the app or on the computer ready to get orders! Not you are keen to do so, you should be ready. Otherwise don’t use it!

Thanks for posting

I believe that is good for seller & Buyer, and i am hoping the final version asap :smiley:

I think it could be a great tool for some. With my workflow, it is not practical. When I am working on projects, I only can look away every 20-30 minutes. If I interrupt my work more often than that, it becomes difficult to be efficient.

If a customer needs my attention all day in the form of a live chat, I will need to charge a day rate, because they will need my undivided attention. So they need a $50.00 video, but if they need me to chat with them all day, my day rate is $300.00.

So it will cost you alot more to provide live chat than it will to provide message responses in 2-3 hours.

I think about this every time someone asks me if I can rush a project today. I know they are also going to want to talk to me about the project all day. They are also going to need revisions back in 10 minutes. etc.

Well said…especially the point about your workflow interruption.

I think it’s a ‘good idea’ by Fiverr, though again, the user is penalized for not responding within a very short timeframe. I don’t know about you, but the Fiverr messaging notification seems very laggy sometimes.