Thread to let off some steam between

I’m only writing this as sometimes working with certain customers is frustrating and the only people that really understand are fellow sellers… I understand that buyers must get some awful sellers too but here’s my problem:

I have been working with a buyer requesting a translation for a game he’s made up… He doesn’t speak French which is why he has come to me to translate his game from English to French…

I did the work faster than requested as he sent me a message saying ‘‘please do the translation within 2 days at no extra cost’’ so like an idiot I just ‘obeyed’ lol.

He just got back to me now which is why i am frustrated as he put:

’'Here’s some more text to translate & ‘please translate the nouns (made up words like ‘smong’ and ‘zimro’) using a french keyboard to translate’'

So if course I replied saying that translating doesn’t work like that. the alphabet is the same, you cant just type words in a key boardand its translated… It just doesn’t make any sense… plus he keeps adding more text to translate which is unfair

Now I do all my translations by hand, admittedly I do not know every word in either the English or French language so there are some words I research to make sure I have the right words and meanings…

So when he gets back to me saying that he has issues with the translation because he checked it in Google translate and its not the same, that’s pretty annoying… I did games development in England and in France so I know the technical terms in French already anyway… So I told him that my translation was right but Google translate wont know some words… hence why people come to a real person to translate…

Anyway… that’s my rant over…

Some people, sellers and buyers, are just so ignorant and frustrating that it’s impossible to argue with them as they just don’t understand… so when you word hard and they request a modification or cancellation its pretty annoying aha…

Anyway, leave comments if you agree/disagree and what problems you’ve encountered…

All in all I’m doing okay on Fiverr aside from a few people…