Time between orders as a newbie Voice Over Artist

bydesigndj

Hi,

I have only been on Fiverr for a few weeks and am excited to get started. As someone getting started in VO on Fiverr, has anyone noticed a typical time frame on getting orders? I know that it is different for everyone, but I notice big dips in clicks and wondering if the algorithm for newbies is like wave? Just curious. I know this is a marathon, not a sprint. 🙂

Hey, welcome!

There’s no way to say for sure how long it will take. I got my first VO order within a couple of weeks of publishing my gig. You’ve got a really good voice and I can see you getting plenty of orders. Once you’re rolling you might want to up your prices a bit. It’s logical to have really competitive pricing to start with but $5 for 200 words with your voice is a steal.

All the best!

Hi,

I have only been on Fiverr for a few weeks and am excited to get started. As someone getting started in VO on Fiverr, has anyone noticed a typical time frame on getting orders? I know that it is different for everyone, but I notice big dips in clicks and wondering if the algorithm for newbies is like wave? Just curious. I know this is a marathon, not a sprint. 🙂

has anyone noticed a typical time frame on getting orders?

There is no such thing. Like you said, it is different from everyone AND varies from day to day and other external factors out of our control.

Best of luck and welcome to Fiverr!

has anyone noticed a typical time frame on getting orders?

There is no such thing. Like you said, it is different from everyone AND varies from day to day and other external factors out of our control.

Best of luck and welcome to Fiverr!

Thanks for the response. 😄

Hey, welcome!

There’s no way to say for sure how long it will take. I got my first VO order within a couple of weeks of publishing my gig. You’ve got a really good voice and I can see you getting plenty of orders. Once you’re rolling you might want to up your prices a bit. It’s logical to have really competitive pricing to start with but $5 for 200 words with your voice is a steal.

All the best!

Wow, thanks for the encouragement and the compliment. 😄 From everything I read, getting alot of reviews as soon as possible was the best route. I figured the best way to do that is to give out some nearly free samples? lol Who knows, maybe I am under pricing myself out of orders. It has only been a few weeks and I have had 4 orders they just came separated by about a week to ten days.

Welcome, fellow voice actor!

There’s no rhyme or reason behind when and how often orders are placed, so floods and droughts of business are to be expected, and for quite a number of new sellers, their entire time on Fiverr is an endless drought…

You’ve already broken the first hurdle and received a handful of orders, so you’re off to a good start!

It’s entirely understandable to undersell your services when starting off to help establish a track record of reviews, but just be careful about getting swamped with work and killing your voice while only earning peanuts.

I started off selling 300 words for $5. I got my first order my very first day of selling and quite a number of orders soon followed, but I was driving my voice raw with the sheer amount of words spoken (and re-spoken whenever I messed a take). Once I hit Level One, I immediately made a price jump and didn’t look back.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome, fellow voice actor!

There’s no rhyme or reason behind when and how often orders are placed, so floods and droughts of business are to be expected, and for quite a number of new sellers, their entire time on Fiverr is an endless drought…

You’ve already broken the first hurdle and received a handful of orders, so you’re off to a good start!

It’s entirely understandable to undersell your services when starting off to help establish a track record of reviews, but just be careful about getting swamped with work and killing your voice while only earning peanuts.

I started off selling 300 words for $5. I got my first order my very first day of selling and quite a number of orders soon followed, but I was driving my voice raw with the sheer amount of words spoken (and re-spoken whenever I messed a take). Once I hit Level One, I immediately made a price jump and didn’t look back.

Thanks for the reply and for the information from your experience. I am already changing most of my Gigs. 🙂

Archived