Fiverr Community Forum

Time management freelance

Hi everyone!
I have decided to freelance in my spare time and i do a full time job i work 9am to 8pm.
My question is, how do i manage freelancing without leaving my full time job? is there anyone with similar situation as mine?

3 Likes

Honestly, I think your full-time job takes lots of your time…I’m not sure you’ll have enough time to rest and work some more.

You can try working from 9pm -12am. You’ll probably not earn a lot from this, but you might acquire some experience, and with time you might even be able to replace your day job.

Good luck.

1 Like

Why do you say that? That’s not true.

To my person:

I work as an accountant 25 hours a week.
I have a wholesale import company.
I have my Fiverr Freelancing.
I have a wife and child.
I study my bachelor part-time.
I have a giant house that needs maintenance including a garden

Everything is possible.
It is not easy.

But only in this way was I able to give up my regular 9 to 5 job and focus more on what I really want.

You have a problem? Solve it.

P.s.: I started Fiverr when i got a 50 hour week job.

1 Like

It’s called an opinion😃…not everyone has superpowers to work 23hrs per day, you know.

Maybe you can give some real tips on how to do it please?

2 Likes

It isn’t really a superpower. But there are a few tips:

1. Go to bed early. 10:00 pm Deadline.
  2. Wake up at 05:00 am. 30 Min sports.
  3. No Alcohol. No Cigarettes.
  4. Eat Healthy
  5. Read Books
  6. No Multitasking!
  7. Use a Projectmanagementtool. Microsoft To-Do. Trello. Jira. etc.
  8. Delegate tasks. Even if it costs something.
  9. Take a break from time to time.
  10. Eliminate bad habits. Games, apps, binge watching.

A bad habit of mine is e.g. that write in this forum. The added value is often limited and I get annoyed too often.

1 Like

Thanks for responding! and my goal is to leave my job as soon as i can because i hate my job so i was wondering if i would be able to achieve my goal. :grinning:

He has an 11-hour a day job. That is hardly comparable to your situation.

I’m not saying he can’t make it work. He can. I’m saying your guilt tripping post isn’t helpful or applicable. Invalidating his concern that he can’t handle it achieves nothing. It’s rude. It’s a valid concern and he is right to ask how to make it work. You haven’t given him any advice on how to do that. You just shamed him for being concerned.

1 Like