Time to Stop Selling!

anamariabubolea

Start Giving Value Instead.

This is just my 5th month on Fiverr, in the 3rd month I became level 2 and I had my share of “success” as well as some good learnings as well. I had many people, especially new sellers approaching me and asking for tips for success and here are a few things I would like to share from my own experience that I hope will be valuable for more:

1. Give Value, do not just Sell - there are many sellers out there who just shout out about what Sellers have to offer and very few value offers about what the Clients Need. Make your gigs about your clients first, think through and showcase the benefits your gig will bring to them first.

2. There is no fast forward to success. Yes, you can have a lucky day and get a great big order once, but success is what you want to grow constantly every day. So my first tip is this - do not expect to just post your gig and get to be a top seller overnight, learn from your competition, search for buyers, improve your offering and constantly up your game.

3. Constantly Optimize your gig - there are so many great articles on this forum that can be used for learning how to optimize your gig, use those learnings wisely. My tip in this area is this: not just optimize your gig once and then wait for your buyers to get to you. CONSTANTLY optimize your gigs, adapt to your client needs, look out for latest searches, take into account events, adjust both the description as well as your prices. What works today may not work as well tomorrow, so constant care about your offering will keep you ahead of the game

4. Start with a larger set of gig offers and then aim to focus on the few that work out best for you. The point is not to be good at everything, but excel at what you are best at.

5. Custom your offers. >90% of my orders are for custom offers. A tailor-made offer for the specific needs of your clients will always be better received and more effective. So whenever you have the chance to interact with your clients, start by understanding their needs first and then offer them a customized offer.

6. Do not send blank/standardized offers. This goes hand in hand with the previous point, but here is one more I learned: whenever you are discussing with a potential client, do not hurry in sending them an offer first. If they ask about your services and fees, take the time to discuss with them, tailor your offer, get their consent and only after they agree to it, send them your offer. This simple tactic got me 100% offers acceptance on direct messaging.

7. Constant communication with your client. Do not take for granted a client who already placed an order. I often see that most of the attention goes into getting new clients and too little into making your current clients completely satisfied. You got your client, great! Now go and deliver an outstanding experience for them, keep them informed with your progress, establish a personal connection with them. I am not saying becoming friends with your clients, just engage and that will ensure that your clients will at least let you know what they do not want before you deliver something of no value for them and in some of the cases, they may become your ambassadors or returning clients as well.

Hope this will be of value for you. Would be glad to hear more tips from you as well: slight_smile

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Start Giving Value Instead.

This is just my 5th month on Fiverr, in the 3rd month I became level 2 and I had my share of “success” as well as some good learnings as well. I had many people, especially new sellers approaching me and asking for tips for success and here are a few things I would like to share from my own experience that I hope will be valuable for more:

1. Give Value, do not just Sell - there are many sellers out there who just shout out about what Sellers have to offer and very few value offers about what the Clients Need. Make your gigs about your clients first, think through and showcase the benefits your gig will bring to them first.

2. There is no fast forward to success. Yes, you can have a lucky day and get a great big order once, but success is what you want to grow constantly every day. So my first tip is this - do not expect to just post your gig and get to be a top seller overnight, learn from your competition, search for buyers, improve your offering and constantly up your game.

3. Constantly Optimize your gig - there are so many great articles on this forum that can be used for learning how to optimize your gig, use those learnings wisely. My tip in this area is this: not just optimize your gig once and then wait for your buyers to get to you. CONSTANTLY optimize your gigs, adapt to your client needs, look out for latest searches, take into account events, adjust both the description as well as your prices. What works today may not work as well tomorrow, so constant care about your offering will keep you ahead of the game

4. Start with a larger set of gig offers and then aim to focus on the few that work out best for you. The point is not to be good at everything, but excel at what you are best at.

5. Custom your offers. >90% of my orders are for custom offers. A tailor-made offer for the specific needs of your clients will always be better received and more effective. So whenever you have the chance to interact with your clients, start by understanding their needs first and then offer them a customized offer.

6. Do not send blank/standardized offers. This goes hand in hand with the previous point, but here is one more I learned: whenever you are discussing with a potential client, do not hurry in sending them an offer first. If they ask about your services and fees, take the time to discuss with them, tailor your offer, get their consent and only after they agree to it, send them your offer. This simple tactic got me 100% offers acceptance on direct messaging.

7. Constant communication with your client. Do not take for granted a client who already placed an order. I often see that most of the attention goes into getting new clients and too little into making your current clients completely satisfied. You got your client, great! Now go and deliver an outstanding experience for them, keep them informed with your progress, establish a personal connection with them. I am not saying becoming friends with your clients, just engage and that will ensure that your clients will at least let you know what they do not want before you deliver something of no value for them and in some of the cases, they may become your ambassadors or returning clients as well.

Hope this will be of value for you. Would be glad to hear more tips from you as well: slight_smile

look out for latest searches,

What’s the best way to see the latest searches related to what buyers want from freelancers?

look out for latest searches,

What’s the best way to see the latest searches related to what buyers want from freelancers?

arches related to what buyers want from freelance

One of the simplest way is to login as a buyer and check the search option for the most popular searches.

One other is to browse through your Buyer requests and analyse what most of them are looking for in each category that you are active. For example, I noticed that last week most of the buyers were looking for promoting their crowdfunding campaign rather than writing their pitch.

Insightful advice, Ana. What’s the best resource to learn more on offering value?

Insightful advice, Ana. What’s the best resource to learn more on offering value?

Great to hear you liked it 😉

Best lead I have for that is to continue to search for ways to self educate yourself. I recently took a course from Dean Graziosi and learned a lot form him on business value drive.

arches related to what buyers want from freelance

One of the simplest way is to login as a buyer and check the search option for the most popular searches.

One other is to browse through your Buyer requests and analyse what most of them are looking for in each category that you are active. For example, I noticed that last week most of the buyers were looking for promoting their crowdfunding campaign rather than writing their pitch.

Thanks. When you say “login as a buyer” I assume you mean to just switch to buying and check the search (seeing as we’re only allowed 1 account). In the search box I can only see searches if the first letter of a search is pressed and there it shows at least a couple of things I’ve searched for and then 6 that I assume are by other people. Fiverr doesn’t have the option to see an ordered list of popular searches in each category/subcategory though. It would be helpful it they did (eg. like a top 10/100 searches for each if it was anonymous).

Yes the buyer requests can be useful to see what people want, but you have to have an active gig in the current category/subcategory first. If I wanted to decide whether to create a gig in a category where I don’t currently have a gig, I can’t see any requests in that category to help decide what gig(s) to create.

Does anyone know how to find buyer’s requests? I can’t seem to find them ANYWHERE, I’ve even googled it… and I really want to find buyer requests so that I am able to respond to their ads. Am I able to do this? Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. Click on “More”(on your profile page or on dashboard) in drop down you can see Buyer Request option.

Does anyone know how to find buyer’s requests? I can’t seem to find them ANYWHERE, I’ve even googled it… and I really want to find buyer requests so that I am able to respond to their ads. Am I able to do this? Thanks.

Just go to More/ Buyer requests. You will have a daily update of new requests in here related o your gig’s offerings.

Archived