Time to up from $5 to $10?

thedixielynn

Hi, everyone!

As a new seller, I’ve followed the advice of the successful sellers and kept my initial gig at $5 to get new orders and get those numbers up.

The only thing standing between me and Level 1 is the $400 requirement. I’ve been doing well with delivering my gigs and getting orders, but I wonder when it will be time to up my $5 to $10.

Truth be told, it’s a lot more work than the $4 I end up getting from it. I also want to get to that $400 mark before my next evaluation in March.

Thoughts? Opinions? Compliments?

Thanks,

Dixie

Greetings Dixie,

I’m not sure about what your Gig is…

Mine is illustration.

Maybe my side could give you an idea on how to upgrade?..

I do believe my Gig to be worth more than 5$. So once I was ready to upgrade, I downgraded the basic 5$ to the minimum of what I offer (so it isn’t attractive). Also, I tried to give custom offers instead of having the buyer buying the Gig upfront. It also gives you a better idea of the work to be done and I believe it is easier to get your point accross BEFORE the buyer engages in any transaction. It avoids frustrations on both sides.

The trick is… You have to upgrade. Put the 3 order types to your advantage and point your sellers towards your USP (Unique Selling Proposition - HOW ARE YOU BETTER THAN THE COMPETITION, EVEN IF YOU DON’T HAVE 5$ GIGS).

Hope that gives you some ideas.

God bless!

Hey Dixie,

Let us have a girl to girl talk, shall we? 🍹

This one is kinda long lol, this is a very special exception. Y’all know I don’t typically write novels! 😃

⚜️

As a 💄 makeup/clothes lover… People don’t realize the amount of work involved with getting all dolled up to film. The hair; the makeup; the clothes; the accessories. Getting the equipment setup, editing, and don’t forget about the script rehearsing. This sh!t is a LOT of work!

Never ever undersell yourself, this is YOUR business. You have every right to make the necessary tweaks as you go along your journey here. You were a superstar before Fiverr — stick with an amount you feel good about. You’ll know when you have a peptalk with yourself… Like, “girl this price is right” or something.

⚜️

Utilize more GIG EXTRAS! Mo’ money, mo’ money! 🤑

Example:

I’ll Write the script for you $10 (or whatever)

I’ll Add your logo/image $5 (or whatever)

I’ll deliver 1080p Video $5 (or whatever)

Perhaps add a GIG extra $10 or $15 for a particular clothing color or choice of some kind.
(Of course, that’s readily available in your glamorous closet.) Perhaps select 4 to 5 options (Take a pic to use for a gig image) so buyers can see for themselves.

For the basic gig package ~ just keep it to just one clothing option.
Maybe keep it to 720p. If that makes things easier.

⚜️

Obviously, you deserve more! As one of your buyers; honey I’d be more than happy to pay more should you increase your prices. 🙂

Make your basic $10-$15 to test out the muddy waters. When you hit say lvl2 raise them rates again. However, everything is trial & error, try for a week or two and see how things go.

Keep killin’ it GORGEOUS! 😉

Hi thedixielynn!

You already know I’m a major fan, so I might be biased, but I’ve been helping on the forums for a LONG time. I’ve been more of a buyer than a seller for a good portion of my time on Fiverr. When a seller has no reviews at all, I do generally expect to see a $5 offering, but these days Fiverr has room for adjustment pretty early. I agree strongly that extras and more gigs is one way to up your game with the money.

There are so many things you can do, as nikavoice mentioned. You could also offer other gigs without straying too far from your original. For example, you could offer things like an outfit theme (comedy or glamour or whatever) and perhaps a singing video if you are up for it.

As far as changing the price of your base package, many people find that when they first up their prices, things are slow for a little while. Do it when you are prepared for that and stick to it for a little while. Once you get the first $10-15 base gig orders things tend to flow or not and you know if you’ve overreached.

If nothing happens for a couple of weeks, then perhaps it’s too early and you can always drop back. Some buyers automatically assume that more expensive is better, so it doesn’t hurt to have one gig priced at $5-10 base and another gig that starts at $10-15.

That’s my best advice for now! 🙂

Greetings Dixie,

I’m not sure about what your Gig is…

Mine is illustration.

Maybe my side could give you an idea on how to upgrade?..

I do believe my Gig to be worth more than 5$. So once I was ready to upgrade, I downgraded the basic 5$ to the minimum of what I offer (so it isn’t attractive). Also, I tried to give custom offers instead of having the buyer buying the Gig upfront. It also gives you a better idea of the work to be done and I believe it is easier to get your point accross BEFORE the buyer engages in any transaction. It avoids frustrations on both sides.

The trick is… You have to upgrade. Put the 3 order types to your advantage and point your sellers towards your USP (Unique Selling Proposition - HOW ARE YOU BETTER THAN THE COMPETITION, EVEN IF YOU DON’T HAVE 5$ GIGS).

Hope that gives you some ideas.

God bless!

That’s a good strategy! Thanks for the tip:)

Hey Dixie,

Let us have a girl to girl talk, shall we? 🍹

This one is kinda long lol, this is a very special exception. Y’all know I don’t typically write novels! 😃

⚜️

As a 💄 makeup/clothes lover… People don’t realize the amount of work involved with getting all dolled up to film. The hair; the makeup; the clothes; the accessories. Getting the equipment setup, editing, and don’t forget about the script rehearsing. This sh!t is a LOT of work!

Never ever undersell yourself, this is YOUR business. You have every right to make the necessary tweaks as you go along your journey here. You were a superstar before Fiverr — stick with an amount you feel good about. You’ll know when you have a peptalk with yourself… Like, “girl this price is right” or something.

⚜️

Utilize more GIG EXTRAS! Mo’ money, mo’ money! 🤑

Example:

I’ll Write the script for you $10 (or whatever)

I’ll Add your logo/image $5 (or whatever)

I’ll deliver 1080p Video $5 (or whatever)

Perhaps add a GIG extra $10 or $15 for a particular clothing color or choice of some kind.

(Of course, that’s readily available in your glamorous closet.) Perhaps select 4 to 5 options (Take a pic to use for a gig image) so buyers can see for themselves.

For the basic gig package ~ just keep it to just one clothing option.

Maybe keep it to 720p. If that makes things easier.

⚜️

Obviously, you deserve more! As one of your buyers; honey I’d be more than happy to pay more should you increase your prices. 🙂

Make your basic $10-$15 to test out the muddy waters. When you hit say lvl2 raise them rates again. However, everything is trial & error, try for a week or two and see how things go.

Keep killin’ it GORGEOUS! 😉

I love a long girl talk with emojis!

Thanks, lady!

I think I’m going to look more into the gig extras for sure. I like the clothing choices 🙂 Nice touch!

Hi thedixielynn!

You already know I’m a major fan, so I might be biased, but I’ve been helping on the forums for a LONG time. I’ve been more of a buyer than a seller for a good portion of my time on Fiverr. When a seller has no reviews at all, I do generally expect to see a $5 offering, but these days Fiverr has room for adjustment pretty early. I agree strongly that extras and more gigs is one way to up your game with the money.

There are so many things you can do, as nikavoice mentioned. You could also offer other gigs without straying too far from your original. For example, you could offer things like an outfit theme (comedy or glamour or whatever) and perhaps a singing video if you are up for it.

As far as changing the price of your base package, many people find that when they first up their prices, things are slow for a little while. Do it when you are prepared for that and stick to it for a little while. Once you get the first $10-15 base gig orders things tend to flow or not and you know if you’ve overreached.

If nothing happens for a couple of weeks, then perhaps it’s too early and you can always drop back. Some buyers automatically assume that more expensive is better, so it doesn’t hurt to have one gig priced at $5-10 base and another gig that starts at $10-15.

That’s my best advice for now! 🙂

Thanks for the advice! Yeah, I don’t know why it all seems so permanent to me, but you’re right! I can always change it back!

Archived