Tip Jar gig

jdthur

I use my tips jar in different ways.

If someone wants to tip, I send them a link. Otherwise I’ve had people double purchase a Gig and then…what do I do? I don’t want a non-related image in my portfolio. o.O Plus then the Gig rating is, well in my opinion, falsified. They didn’t order it FOR that Gig, they ordered it as a thank you. That’s just shady-seeming from my end of things to have a non-related-to-the-Gig purchase on the Gig (if that makes sense?)

Also, I never -ask- for a tip. Maybe I should? Eh, I never felt good about doing it (and I’ve worked at different places where being tipped was what kept my bills paid!).

Regardless I don’t like the feeling of getting a Gig and having it sit. I don’t know about the others, but I created a list of “Thank you notes” of some of my illustrations. These are nice little print-quality pieces, some with poems I wrote, some with just basic graphics or a funny thank you line. SO this way I have something to send them as a “deliverable”.

OMG that gives me an idea for a gig-helper gig! LOL

I have had sellers ask me where to send a tip and I honestly hadn’t considered making a gig for it. I don’t want it to seem like I’m assuming that is part of the deal. Not that anyone else is - I don’t mean to imply that… this is just a personal feeling. Hmm… something I should just get over?

Reply to @lmwoodie: I felt the same way initially. I saw a few of them when I was randomly searching Fiverr’s Gigs for Gig inspirations or to collect cool Gigs I might use in the future myself!

I thought, at first, “How crass is that? Seriously?” But then I had a client -ask- if I had one, and had another client double-buy a Gig to “tip” me. So to avoid future mis-representation on my Gigs, I made a simple tip jar one.

I realized, there is nothing crass or greedy (etc) about it. Some people tip. Honestly since most of the Gigs are only 5 bucks, and some people put a LOT of effort into their Gigs to make them “just right” (and others might have amazing customer service, etc) - folks may want to reward that out of the kindness of their hearts.

So why not have one?

Perspective can really change when one is put into such a situation. 🙂

Reply to @madmoo:

You are welcome!

And I agree wholeheartedly on the suggestion for a tip-option at point of sale or point-of review? That would smooth things over and get rid of a lot of the non-product-selling or non-service-selling centered Gigs. 🙂

It is a win-win as it would reduce the database load a bit too. Even if only a little bit! 🙂

Archived