Fiverr Forum

Tip on how to get a gig off the ground?

Is there a way for me to get sales on a fiverr gig? A few months ago I received one or two orders for a gig on Fiverr & after that, it stopped. I’m curious about how I can go about reviving my Fiverr gigs, or basically gain some sort of recognition on Fiverr.

It seems like as soon as a new gig is opened, everyone just avoids it, and it’s times like these that I wish you could hide your ratings on Fiverr, since the lack of stars actually deters people from ordering from you. My question is, can this problem be solved, or do I have to keep milking my only gig that has ratings, as much as possible just for the sake of getting at least a message from a potential buyer? I’m already a level one seller on Fiverr, how much more credibility do I need to just get a single response in the buyer’s request section, or even in my main page on the website? Believe me, I don’t mean to come off as whiny, or as an annoying user on this website, but to me, it seems like you just have to be lucky these days to gain a single view on your gigs.

Sorry for the long post, that wasn’t my intention, honestly, I’ve just been having a really hard time in making this Fiverr thing work, with no luck. But anyways, thanks to anyone who had the patience to read this, and I hope you have a response to any of these questions. Have a great day / night.

DO you mean how you will get more sales on your gig?

What I was trying to say was that, one of the gigs I created 2 years ago that has actual ratings suddenly stopped getting sales, and no matter what type of gigs I put, whether it be ones that are apparently trending on Fiverr, or at least popular, they just get brushed aside, usually due to a lack of ratings, which I’m trying to change, hence the new gig.

This happens often
If you dont apply buyer request daily
If you are not always online
If you have high cancellation rate
And Poor Delivery in time

That’s the thing I have a pretty good delivery time, no cancellation rating, frequently online, and as for the buyer request, it just doesn’t work, period, usually when I’m on that page, there’s just a ton of sellers promoting themselves more than the actual buyers are actually posting on that page, and when I do find a request that perfectly matches the gig I’m offering, they never respond, usually due to millions of other sellers responding to the request.

In that case you need to go to Customer Service

when I do find a request that perfectly matches the gig I’m offering, they never respond, usually due to millions of other sellers responding to the request.

I’d recommend still sending offers to buyer requests (more offers sent should mean more probability of receiving responses/orders, all things being equal). If there are a lot of other sellers responding, try to make yours stand out. Most of the sellers offering will likely be pasting the same response to lots of requests. Make sure what you write is specific to the request. You could try offering different prices (if 90% of people send offers for $5, those offering a different amount will stand out). Offers also show in date order by default. It could be later offers stand more chance of being seen (though you would also risk being too late to be chosen).

It seems like as soon as a new gig is opened, everyone just avoids it

I’ve also seen it happen the other way. New gigs seem to be promoted more. The right new gig (with good title, search tags, etc.) can lead to sales. My suggestion is to add more gigs (more gigs should mean more chance) and ensure any existing gigs look their best and don’t have any spelling errors etc. anywhere. Also, if you add new gigs in different categories you’ll see more buyer requests.

So my advice: keep responding to buyer requests you can do (being specific in the offer), and add new gigs and update existing gigs where needed.