[TIP] Thank You Notes: The Art of Getting Repeat Buyers

musiclover

When you deliver an order, do you send buyers a “thank you” note/pdf file?

For my mobile gigs, i always send buyers a pdf called “Thank_You_For_Order”. The file consist of a quick “thank you” message, their mobile url & qr code, instructions on how to scan it, changes (describes what changes i’ll do for free and which ones require the purchase of a gig), gig extras’ information and why its beneficial, tip information (a graphical banner i created that’s linked to my tip gig), and a closing message that consist of a graphical banner that’s linked to my fiverr profile.

This file helps me do four things: thank the buyer, upsell them on gig extras, promote my tip gig, and provide my fiverr profile link for future purchases.

Within my package I also include a bonus folder. I think I may test a new strategy where i just add a section to my pdf that says “Bonus”, with a screenshot of the bonus, and if they share my gig socially and provide proof (most likely a screenshot), I’ll send it to them for free. Since Fiverr doesnt allow us to track who shares our completed orders, this may help me to not only see who does, but also give me free advertisement. 🙂

-Nakita

• 5 months later...
Guest cust0mcr3ationz

I don’t write thank you notes. i write thank you messages to each buyer. I write them after a few days to a week after the rating to see if they are happy with the project, need anything else, and want to add anymore service to their project. Some end up ordering more gigs, some save my gig to come back later, and some order a tip. very rarely is a customer a one timer unless it’s a customer who was unhappy, only wanted a test gig, or only had a small project. I love frequent customers.

• 2 months later...

Of course, it is without a doubt that a thank you message is a must in business when someone bought something from you. It also gives you the chance to communicate with your customer on a more casual manner and to start a great rapport which could lead to repeat orders. With that, you can talk about your other Gigs that would help fill their needs. I also offer a free gift when they post a Positive Comment, which complements the Gig they have purchased. Thanks for starting this discussion musiclover, I am sure that it will benefit many () () () () (*)

Archived