Tipping

mjbrady10

I do get tips through my tip gig every now and then, but I have never asked ( or was asked) for a tip. I think what you experienced is not normal.

If you feel like the person deserves a tip. I’d say by all means you can tip them, but you should never be asked or forced to do so.

Guest marsch001

That sounds incredibly odd. Even if they are used to other buyers tipping them left and right, tipping is not something that should be expected/demanded from all buyers as a result. If they think their work is worth more, then they should change more, not ask for tips.

Guest matt_garry

I am guilty of leaving a link to my tip jar while delivering sometimes. I don’t find it a big deal considering I work extremely hard.

I’ve seen many sellers ask for a rating and/or tip. It’s usually positioned as an aside thought …something like…

If you are excited about the results you received. Please take a moment to share with the community with the feedback tool by picking the green thumbs up and sharing your enthusiasm. Further, if the work in you mind rates it, I can take a tip at (LINK)

Etc.

Guest matt_garry

Reply to @ynneblack: 🙂

I live in BC, Canada we have the lowest wages in the country and the highest living costs by far. Tipping has become a way of life so people can survive off a 40 hour work week. I tip my barber, my waitress, mechanic. I even tip the person who makes my subway sandwich or sells me a coke at the store. In fact my girlfriend makes 40% of her income from tips! And when I worked at a restaurant it was about 30% of my income. So why would I not except a tip on fiverr…

I would think that a seller asking for a tip is highly unusual. I figure, if I did a good job and they want to tip me they will ask me where and how.

In general though, I do try to encourage additional orders aka gig extras or other more advanced orders as I deal with SEO and that can be pretty expansive and hits multiple areas.

Archived