Fiverr Forum

Tips and associated rules

Hello everyone,
A very goodmorning to all of you. The same can’t be said for me as you are all going to witness why. So today was the first time ever that I received a tip from one of my customers. I was really very happy that someone liked my work so much that they decided I was worth more than what the gig’s price was. So I quickly open my fiverr account as I had got the news through my mail. I go to my earning section and there I see a new payment update, so i check what that update was and it was certainly the tip that I had received but I got really very irritated when I got to know that fiverr takes a 20% cut from your tips as well.

I mean what the hell guys, tips are something that is based upon the quality of our work and it is separate from the fee that we get for our gigs. Already the 20% cut is way too much to handle and above that you guys also take cuts feom our tips! I mean why? :sweat:

I just wanted to put it out there in front of everyone how unfair this is. I think whatever tip a certain person gets for his services shouldn’t be tampered with and the person receiving the tip should be paid the tip in full amount.

I hope i have rightly justified my point and if not then please do tell me where I have feen wrong or felt short on explaining why this is such a big deal.

Regards,
The guy who has been triggered due to cutbacks. :triumph:

It kind of reminds me of how the gov’t wants you to declare your tips so that they can tax you on them.

There is a valid reason they have to charge commission on tips. If they didn’t, they wouldn’t be able to have the tip function at all and you wouldn’t get 80%, you’d get nothing. Everyone was upset about the tip commission until we understood the situation. Count your blessings. :slight_smile:

… that DOES make sense.

What you said actually does make a lot of sense, i didn’t think of it in that manner. But there is another way in which the tip system can be made fair for all.

First of all any customer should only get one chance to tip the service provider. Upon that he would only get the option of tipping 2$, 5$ and 7$ only. Even if the customer wants to tip more than 7$ he wouldn’t be allowed to do so. :innocent:

Also anyone sane enough, no matter how happy with the work will always tip within limits. So if anyone is tipping an unusual amount, the activity should be monitored closely and actions should be taken against the seller and the buyer. In this way the tip system can be active, successful and free of the 20% taxation that is still driving me pretty crazy. :rage:

Regards,
The guy who is smarter than the fiverr strategy and planning team. :new_moon_with_face:

You know what makes sense taxing a homeless guy because at the end of the day we are also giving him tips right? :raising_hand_woman:

Right now, for orders below $25, the tip can be up to $25. For orders above $25, the tip can be up to 100% of the price of the order. I’ve received quite a few $20-50 tips myself and I know several people who do much larger sales and sometimes get very high tips. I think if you took away those tip options for the people who are paying Fiverr 25% of their annual income, there could be some pretty serious resistance. Good luck with that, though! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.