Tips For Buyer Requests- From a Seller

brenna_n

One piece of advice commonly given to new sellers is to send buyers an offer over buyer requests. However, often people ask how to send a good offer. Here are some tips I compiled from others and from my own experience.

-Make sure to add a friendly greeting
-Offer a special deal to the customer that they wouldn’t get otherwise
-Make sure your grammar and spelling is top-notch
-DO NOT use the same offer letter for every customer. You want to customize the offers to their needs.
-Add relevant experience and info
-Don’t make it too long; bullet points are a good idea
-Invite them to send you a message if they are interested
-Leave a closing signature

The main thing is to make sure you stand out from all the other sellers who send offers to the prospective buyer. Best luck guys!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So important. Buyers are always going to be wondering who is credible and also suitable for their specific project. It’s important to build a case for that.

If the buyer is asking for ecommerce, demonstrate your ecommerce experience. If the buyer’s project revolves around neurology and you have experience with brain conditions, consider sharing that. People see the value of insight and it can also create a conversation piece. They may see your value for other things.

One piece of advice commonly given to new sellers is to send buyers an offer over buyer requests. However, often people ask how to send a good offer. Here are some tips I compiled from others and from my own experience.

-DO NOT use the same offer letter for every customer. You want to customize the offers to their needs.

The main thing is to make sure you stand out from all the other sellers who send offers to the prospective buyer. Best luck guys!

Do bullet points really work? When I look in “sent offers” it seems to remove all formatting from sent offers, like it’s all one paragraph - so I’m not sure (formatted) bullet points would show correctly, eg. each bullet point on a different line.

Do bullet points really work? When I look in “sent offers” it seems to remove all formatting from sent offers, like it’s all one paragraph - so I’m not sure (formatted) bullet points would show correctly, eg. each bullet point on a different line.

True. I don’t know how formatting works on your computer or on others. But the main point is to make it easy to read

Do bullet points really work?

I was thinking the same. All offers I received as a buyer are jammed together into one big paragraph.

the main point is to make it easy to read

That is true. You do that with great writing conventions.

• 3 weeks later...

Good advice! In my experience, it hasn’t even been worth submitting requests on a daily basis because they are so saturated and often filled with buyers who want to pay as little as possible. Does anyone else have the same experience with these?

Same question man. If you give them $50 offer in $5 they will come to inbox. And if you tell them detail about your service and ask to increase a little bit then they gone away and don’t reply even knock them multiple times.

• 1 month later...

I believe you need some kind of combination between a template and your own words. You want to make your offer as soon as possible. There’s a big chance the buyer will settle for one of the first buyers and not even read the rest of the offers. And sometimes, if you spend too much time writing your offer, when you click send you will get a red error message saying: “Oups, something went wrong. Try again (or something”. This means you can’t send the offer anymore, too many had been sent.
So try to be fast, this is the most important thing. If you can’ send your offer or you are the 99th offer, the buyer will most likely not even see yours.

• 2 weeks later...

DO NOT use the same offer letter for every customer. You want to customize the offers to their needs.

This is soooo important. I have made a test myself with an offer request and the level of responses I received shocked me: standard responses that had nothing to do with my request, overpromising, completely missing my scope and offering something else instead, standard greetings starting with “dear sir…”…

Imagine being the client for once, what would you like to receive as response. Think about that when responding to any buyer request and you are 90% ahead of your competition.

• 2 months later...

I believe you need some kind of combination between a template and your own words. You want to make your offer as soon as possible. There’s a big chance the buyer will settle for one of the first buyers and not even read the rest of the offers. And sometimes, if you spend too much time writing your offer, when you click send you will get a red error message saying: “Oups, something went wrong. Try again (or something”. This means you can’t send the offer anymore, too many had been sent.

So try to be fast, this is the most important thing. If you can’ send your offer or you are the 99th offer, the buyer will most likely not even see yours.

But I don’t think so .

So important. Buyers are always going to be wondering who is credible and also suitable for their specific project. It’s important to build a case for that.

If the buyer is asking for ecommerce, demonstrate your ecommerce experience. If the buyer’s project revolves around neurology and you have experience with brain conditions, consider sharing that. People see the value of insight and it can also create a conversation piece. They may see your value for other things.

Yes , that’s true . 😊

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived