Fiverr Community Forum

Tips for Translators

I have been working on Fiverr as a translator and writer both in English and in Hungarian (my native language) for almost half a year now. As competition is relatively high in my niche, I don’t get orders every day but I have completed a fair amount of work here. I thought I could share a few tips for the fellow translators here so we can improve the reputation of Fiverr translators and of Fiverr in general :smile: I will not be talking about general gig optimization and marketing here, but will be giving advice especially for translators.
So here are my tips, in no particular order:

• Communication is key - make sure that you are on the same page with your client. Always provide a clear description of what you do and what you don’t. Update your client about the progress of their project but only tell the essentials. Never send messages that don’t contain any meaningful information.
  • Use high quality and eye-catching media - I know, translation is not a very visual field of work, but you must have something to get the attention of your future clients. If you don’t have any image editing skills, you can always hire another freelancer to create your gig images. Having a video is also worth it, just make sure to include parts in it which you can use as a thumbnail that shows up in the search results.
  • Don’t cheat - Just because your client doesn’t speak your language, never cheat them! Never EVER use copy-paste translation from any software or Google translate. Yes, maybe your client can’t read your work, but 99% of the time they will have editors, reviewers and contacts who speak your language and will read your work. Always show your best side and provide the best quality you possibly can!

If you have any questions or just want to talk to an experienced translator and writer on Fiverr, send me a PM(on the Forum) or reply here :wink:

If you are interested, you can find the link to my Seller profile by clicking on my name here.

5 Likes

I wish I could make those fake Google scammers read that part of your post…
I can spot at least 3 sellers that I am pretty darn sure are fake.
Too bad I can’t report them based on a hunch!

Good news is, in the end all of those scammers will get caught and reported/banned in the end, sooner or later.

Happy gigging, and have a nice weekend!

4 Likes

That’s very annoying indeed. They make Fiverr look like a scammy website and scare away buyers from honest and hard-working freelancers.
Nice weekend to you, too! :smile:

2 Likes