TIPS: How to be a Number 1 Ranking In Google + Bing + Yahoo

chief_seo

Here’s a secret some seo companies might not want you to know about. The number 1 reason a lot of sites get number 1 places in Google listings are….

…they are good enough. It really is that simple.

This simple:

Basic good practice on page seo guidelines.

Sprinkle a few high quality anchor text savvy links at the site while avoiding like the plague any “get links fast” schemes

ENSURE on-site navigation is google friendly, and coherent.

Ensure the site is easy to update

…then, round of with some killer, original content that is of at least similar quality to other sites and pages competing for the desired terms and you know what, after rinsing and repeating ad nauseum, you’ll probably rank in Google for desired terms.

I am often bemused when I visit Webmasterworld and see poor webmasters who’ve been banned by Google (which i suspect happens a lot less than people think) or have completely lost previously high Google rankings. I automatically think to myself, if I visit these sites, will I be disappointed? Do they have the content or is their position “link generated”? If they do have the content, have they screwed up the simple stuff? Have they made a big mistake, somewhere critical?

Google doesn’t owe anybody good rankings. Just because you’ve been number 1 for years doesn’t mean the position is unmovable, either.

And anyway, is there such a thing as “Number 1 in Google” these days? Ever flux and constant updating ensures a freshness to the top ten, so in reality no seo company can guarantee any company prolonged number (insert number or page) listings – although many do.

Every position in Google is up for grabs. Instead of buying links, mass link-bombing of keyterms, mass registration of fake domains or trying to “game” Google, why not just add good content to your site and make your site “better”? Don’t worry – with practice, it gets easier. In time, rankings come – but only with good content.

Sure, some sites bend the rules and get good rankings. They may even keep these rankings for some time. But in the end, they are generally hit by changes in the way Google deals with things.

That’s what we help customers with. We consult with them to try and make sites better. For Google and visitors. It’s a long term strategy, takes a lot of hours, but surely it’s the only sustainable method for Google success for most companies.

And you know what? It works.

We don’t know how Google works. No SEO company does or can know (and if they do, believe me, they are too busy making money for themselves to help you). We are successful because we know the kind of sites that Google likes (this is common knowledge), and we help clients to try and develop these.

Sometimes it’s knowing what not to do rather than what to do that gets listed at the top of Google.

If you want us to do your seo, you’ll need to understand this. If you have a one page website, basically an advert for your company, we’re not willing to spam the search engines for you, as this isn’t common sense sustainable business for you or us.

There’s too many customers out there who are willing to spend the time required making their website quality for visitors and Google. We’re too busy helping them.

If you’re one of these clients who want to make their website better, contact us for proper assistance…

Any Idea?

Archived