Fiverr Forum

Tips on getting your gigs seen by potential customers

My gig is converting very well so far, but without (the right) traffic, there are no customers…

So far I’ve been putting my work on a range of social media (facebook, twitter, tumblr, flickr - instagram and pinterest to a lesser extent), but without a lot of followers there, the exposure is limited.

These are the things I’ll be trying out next:

• posting on relevant external forums and putting my gig(s) in my forum signature;
  • setting up merchandise shops with a few print-on-demand services and linking to my gig.

Please share your tips: how do you get your gigs in front of more potential customers?

For me, one of the strategies would be to create articles that link to my gig. I think it helps my gig rank well with search engines.

Make friends with celebrities. Once Justin Bieber or One Direction tweeted about your gig, get ready to have 1000+ orders in your queue :)>-

I’m a new seller and I’ve just created my first gig. I hate to ask a dumb question, but how do you find the link to your gig? I know the link to my manage gigs and edit page, but I can’t see any place to find the URL for my gig where I would send people. I’m sure I’ve missed something simple. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Reply to @glorybee_1020: It’s not a dumb question! What I do is this:

Seller > My Gigs > Preview > Read More > Your Gig should now be opened. Copy the page link and send it to anyone! :smiley:

I don’t know if there’s another simpler method though lol

Oh I just noticed we both offer the same service :smiley: I wish you good luck :slight_smile:

Reply to @thefacebookgeek: actually, that would be TOO much exposure… my gig actually takes some work, so I can’t handle that many :slight_smile:

I set up Google alerts with keywords in regards to my family tree gig. Then if I see blogs or forums that pertain to what I am doing I will make contact

Reply to @tn5rr2012: That’s an excellent tip, thanks for sharing. I’ve used Google alerts before, but didn’t think of using it for gig promotion.

@tn5rr2012 and @refugeek please tell me too how to use google alert for promotion

Reply to @dhanraj1994: create a Google Alert with a search query that is relevant to your gig. When Googlebot finds new relevant content, you’ll be notified and you can take action (leave a blog comment for example).

Reply to @tn5rr2012: Awesome tip! I’ll make sure I use it.

Yeah what @oldbittygrandma said I’m lost…

The search query will vary depending on the gigs you offer… The idea is that Google Alerts will update you whenever it discovers new content on the topic you entered. This lets you track new blog posts for example.

In my case, I would use queries such as “word art” and “original personalized gifts”. When Google alerts me of new content with those keywords, I can browse to that site to see if there is an opportunity to promote my gig.

For me, one of the strategies would be to create articles that link to my gig. I think it helps my gig rank well with search engines.

Make friends with celebrities. Once Justin Bieber or One Direction tweeted about your gig, get ready to have 1000+ orders in your queue :)>-

I’m a new seller and I’ve just created my first gig. I hate to ask a dumb question, but how do you find the link to your gig? I know the link to my manage gigs and edit page, but I can’t see any place to find the URL for my gig where I would send people. I’m sure I’ve missed something simple. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Reply to @glorybee_1020: It’s not a dumb question! What I do is this:

Seller > My Gigs > Preview > Read More > Your Gig should now be opened. Copy the page link and send it to anyone! :smiley:

I don’t know if there’s another simpler method though lol

Oh I just noticed we both offer the same service :smiley: I wish you good luck :slight_smile:

Reply to @thefacebookgeek: actually, that would be TOO much exposure… my gig actually takes some work, so I can’t handle that many :slight_smile:

I set up Google alerts with keywords in regards to my family tree gig. Then if I see blogs or forums that pertain to what I am doing I will make contact

Reply to @tn5rr2012: That’s an excellent tip, thanks for sharing. I’ve used Google alerts before, but didn’t think of using it for gig promotion.