Tips on how to avoid bad reviews

roaakh

Hello there, fellow sellers!

I’ve been here for about five months and I’m close to my 100th order. I know now that bad reviews can be a nightmare, they get stuck in your profile forever, so I wanted to share with you some tips about avoiding them. I established those tips throughout delivering orders and working with a lot of buyers. They’re long but they’re worth it, I promise.

1.First of all, always, always, like always, get as much instructions as you can from your buyer. Ask questions and get things straight. Think about the service you will provide, and what you will need to achieve that. Sometimes buyers simply forget or ignore including some instructions, this will result in an unsatisfying outcome for them, and a bad review (God forbid!) for you.

2.Try to include a note in all your gigs encouraging buyers to contact you before submitting their order. This way you can guide them through better pricing, better delivery time, thus a better work experience. You can also decline unwanted services or orders that are somewhat unrelated to your work. In short, you can be the one in control!

3.Communicate, communicate, and then communicate some more. Always get in touch with buyers throughout the delivery period, let them know you’re working on their order and that you care. And always try to respond quickly. Let them feel that their order is the only one in your Queue 😉

1. UNLIMITED REVISIONS with no extra charge: Especially if you’re new to fiverr and don’t have a lot of orders in your queue, when you offer unlimited revisions, buyers will sense that you won’t give up on them until they’re completely satisfied with the outcome. I know that revisions can be stressful sometimes, and they can feel like working extra hours for free, but I promise you that they’re worth it. Especially when working in graphic design. The buyer will love working with you, and is more likely to work with you again.

2. NO REVIEW IS BETTER THAN A BAD REVIEW : when you sense that you’ve made some mistakes or that you haven’t given a certain order all your effort and attention. Don’t remind you buyer to write a review.

6.Don’t be afraid to CANCEL: And I mean before-delivery cancellations. At a certain point in you order, you might realize that this is simply not working for you or something emergent came up and you know that you won’t be able to deliver on time! This is fine! Explain to your
buyer with honesty why you want to cancel, and he’s more likely to mutually cancel the order. And it will be like it never happened.

7.Try your best to avoid late deliveries: always organize you time properly and try to better estimate your delivery time in your gigs and in your offers.

8.Finally, after a lot of practice and months of dealing with buyers, you will establish a gut feeling! You will be able to sense a bad review before your buyer even submits his order. This happened to me a lot of times, for example, when a buyer doesn’t have a clear understanding of the service he wants, or when he doesn’t communicate well with you or rarely responds, or when he seems more time consuming than he should be.

That was long! But I can go on forever, I really want to share a lot of important tips I came upon through my modest experience here, I hope you found any or these helpful for your fiverr work.

Let me know what you think and I will try to post regularly.

Be cautious of who you select. I have had many good experiences and one extremely bad experience that cost me 340.00 for something completely unusable from LazyGeeker. I would not recommend her services even though Fiverr will not allow me to change the star rating. I am now having to find other media to voice my complaint. Very disappointed!

I am very sorry for what happened to you, but you can always cancel orders and get a refund. And I assure you that not all sellers are like that, most of us work hard to satisfy customers and get their work done properly and efficiently.

• 2 weeks later...

if u need to cancel (im assuming ur a seller), first click on 'request mutual cancellation’

there you have space to write the buyer a message. be as nice as possible and explain why you can’t deliver (or deliver on time, in which case, they might want to reorder after this is cancelled).

If it is a mutual cancellation, it will not affect you negatively. What will, is delivering late / bad reviews/ regular cancellation. 

I have 68 reviews and two days ago I’ve got the first 3 stars review from a buyer who didn’t even use my revisions. It’s really bad, I always offer full refund if satisfaction is not 100% and this sir decided to ignore me, has now left this 3 stars review even if I’ve tried to keep him updated via chat and with revisions available. That’s unfair, he doesn’t even answer me!

Hi elenoravaiana,

The same thing happened to me a few days ago. A buyer used my services at fullest. made a lot of experiments with the design. I still offered unlimited revision.that client was happy with the final delivery as she mentioned it in the messages. But after completing the order she left with a 2.4 star and bad review. Now she is not answering my messages. Very unfair!

Hi roakh,

Thanks for the tips. these are really useful.

I have joined fiverr 27 days ago and it was a good startup for me. Worked really hard on very low price with unlimited revisions. With positive reviews also. Hopefully, I’ll be a level 1 seller within 3-4 days. But, suddenly! I am getting no orders from last few days. I have raised my price a little bit. Is it the reason for less sales.

Any tips for me? Please help!

As a buyer I have had 2 bad experiences now with people sending me designs that took 2 minutes to create, If you can call it creating that is, I gave as much information as possible but either they don’t understand the English language or they are just dismissive of what you want.
But your tips work for the buyer too. Communication is key here but only if the seller puts effort into a design.
My latest has delivered a Logo to me that is damaged and cannot open and not responded to any messages in over 2 days now.

These sellers let the good guys down.,

• 1 year later...

Hi friends is there any solution for my matter
I got a order its too big but budget is to low then I request the buyer I couldn’t do this work for this project and I declined there is bad review on my profile now I cant apply for any buyer request how to solve this problem please help me friends if you can give me an idea

This is a great post with some genuine, great advice! Thank you roaakh for sharing your experience to help out other sellers soar in their freelance careers.

All I would like to add is make sure you’re assessing your buyer requests properly. Fact of the matter is a handful of buyers will be very difficult by nature. If they are noticeably difficult/pushy, don’t continually try to appease them. It can often end up with a bad review even if you have put loads of effort into their order. I have obtained my lever 2 seller rating and have completed over 50 orders in the last few months. This has only happened to me twice which shows it is only a minority but I landed two negative reviews!

I’d like to conclude by echoing what roaakh has stated and do not be afraid to cancel and order if you sense the buyer is going to leave a negative review.

And of course for the majority of buyers, who are nice genuine people, look after them well and work hard to produce your best possible work and your seller profile will grow and your dreams of financial freedom will get closer and closer to reality.

Best of luck to all fellow sellers on fiverr.

Peace out!

Phil

Hi! roaakh

I have one problem I take an order but its too tuff I said the buyer the budget is not enough so if you pay this amount I will work after too days its shows cancel order and bad review on my profile late order like that so now how can I take orders please help me to give an idea in buyer request it show me you can apply for the order you need to take 90% rating to request to buyer.

all I want to know is with out apply to buyer request is orders will come to me if my rating is 4.2
please help me I want to work on am new to fiver just 5 orders I complete with 5star but NOW this happen to me
Is there any way to take orders without applying buyers request

• 2 years later...

Even I received a rating of 3.7 and cant work now. What to do.??? Its so unfortunate and buyer is also not replying nor Fiverr support. Its been 10 days.
I even did 2 revisions still don’t know the buyer is unsatisfied or he is not good. I even said I will cancel the order and ask for refund but he is nowhere to be found now…

Archived