Tips on potential spam buyers?

lissy303

I’m very much a newbie, but I’m happy to say within my first week I’ve successfully delivered two gigs! Both buyers messaged me before hand and we had great chats, discussing what was expected of me, what I could expect from them, etc. So imagine my elation when I got an email saying that I had a potential third client!

Except I’m a bit worried. The first message to me was full of typos and unnecessary punctuation. At first I thought, perhaps they’re messaging me from a phone and it’s difficult to type (we’ve all been there!). But subsequent messages show the same typos and same additional punctuation. To clarify what I mean - I advertise that I can create and/or manage pinterest boards. When I asked them what kind of board(s) he would want, he responded “M-aking M-oney Home…and…Lose Weight.” That exact format was written like that three times. Additionally, there are extra periods between letters of words, random capitalization, etc.

Anyway, I’m not entirely sure what to do now. After chatting back and forth a few times I’m still not sure what he wants. I have a good response time so far, and I’m always quick to respond. I just don’t have a good feeling about this potential buyer, but I’m worried about ruining my ‘reputation’ already!

What should I do?

Archived