What I have learned during my journey at fiverr, I thought I should share with newbies may be it’s helpful for them.
- Always start with greetings.
- Use “please” repeatedly(ideally if you are confused about something and trying to clear it, buyer is not very specific to the discussion and/or you think requirements are beyond your skill level).
- Make buyer realize that you are very attentive to the requirements and paying full attention to each sentence.
- Ask lot of questions, even small detail if you are confused about it.
- Give money back guarantee in the first conversation you have with buyer.
- Never send custom order after reading the overview of the requirements even if buyer ask for it.
- Never give hint to the buyer that you are in hurry and want to just send customer order close the sale.
- Never run after “the number of sales” you make in a month, one bad review can ruin your whole business.
- Never exchange your email or contact information with your buyer, believe me if they would like your work, you will get never ending work.
- Even you are not willing to take certain job, never be rude with buyer, instead apologize and you can say, “hey, I am overloaded right now, I can start after x days”. I afraid I am not very skillful in what you are expecting etc.).
Don’t forget to you give your opinion, you are free to add your “Do’s” and “Dont’s”.