Tips to make more with Gig Extras

kevinwil

For me it was adding Logo’s or Names to the wine holders. I would offer the wine holder with your name OR logo, but then if they wanted an name AND a logo that was a GIG extra.

I am NOT using my highest gig extra, but I have had people ask for something that requires a lot more time and work, and they paid more than the Highest gig extra. 😃

I have a question here regarding gig Extras.

Buyer have ordered my gig and I have delivered, she conformed as complied and now she wanted to order the gig extras. She is asking me how to order gig extras without ordering gig again?..

Please reply if you have any idea regarding this.

As per my personal experience, You will certain get good order if you are follow best quality. It is my personal experience that I got repeat order for my gigs because I have delivered more than committed with best quality. In just two words. “Quality Wins…”

• -

Thanks & Regards

MauliC

(M) +91 777 888 3465

"Work Speaks…"

Well, I’m a painter and I sure will do your landscape for five bucks but I found that 80% of the orders I got before getting level one were cityscapes. Those double the time I spend. So I put in a gig extra for “lots of buildings/add a character”. It’s just an extra five bucks but I’ve found that the people who commission me now are perfectly happy to upgrade to ten bucks for the additional service because they value my work and it’s worth it to them to pay me a little more for a little more work (okay, well, a lot more work).

So I guess I’d figure make your basic gig something that’s not all too bad of a deal on its own, something that stands on its own two legs, and then offer extras that just sweeten the deal, that expand your service from being bare-bones. By making it really worth it to upgrade, making people question “okay, but is it really worth it to just pay five dollars when for twenty I could get all this too”… you’ll get them.

I’ve sold nail polish in conventions in real life and I offered a deal where two for ten versus one for six and literally one person only bought one. It doesn’t take much to push people over the edge if they think it’s worth it to buy a little more. So it’s basically the same thing here. Make people think they’re getting a great deal instead of giving you more money. 🙂

Hi. I’m really new here. You all have some great ideas - awesome! But my issue is, LOL, that I can;t figure out simply how to set up a gig extra. I can’t get creative with them until I know how to add them. I couldn’t find instructions in the knowledge base so I came here to search. Can anyone tell me how? Please and thank you! 😉

Hi! I am very new (one week) on Fiverr and just made my first sale…

Spontaneously, I offered a great extra service to my gig and my first buyer told me it would be good to offer it as an extra gig…

As I am not a top seller and not allowed to do that… Can I just create a regular gig and relate it as just a complement of the first one…?

I hope somebody can help me! 🙂

Have a nice week all! And thank you in advance!

Yes. Exactly I also earned lots using gig extra. But sometimes, I am facing problem when any buyer bought all gigs together because one gig extra is available with very short delivery period. After certain incidents, I changed said gig extra too with adding some more delivery time. Now all are working good.

In my case, I create ebook covers for Kindle or 2D. I create these covers in Photoshop, so I have the source file in .psd format already. When I send my customers their cover in .jpg format, I offer them an extra gig, giving them the option to get the original .psd file, so they can edit the cover in their own graphics software. Many people pick up this gig. Good luck to all Fiverr users!

hi, i m new to fiverr. in my first order i wrote a article of about 1800 words. but as my gig says one page article for $5(approx 500 words). the buyer asked me how he can pay me those extra $5. i didnt get any solution so i suggested to order two gigs. as writing good articles doesnt bound in specific numbers of words, then to i wish to get rewarded for those extra efforts without loosing single $. suggest me what should i do

Hi all. Very useful thread, especially for us newbies that have just leveled up: 😉 I’m still trying to plan my gig extras. In my opinion, its all about value and quality. My buyers shouldn’t feel they’re losing out on something unless they buy my gig extras, but it should be there if needed. Having said all that, I’m off to craft some max price gig extras! (power! power! :)) )

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mikhail_cucuk

For me, effective gig extras (and ergo more productive gigs) involve two elements that I believe work:

Uniqueness and Competition.

For the first element, look at gigs that are very similar or identical to your own. Now ask yourself: what gig extra can I offer that this other seller isn’t offering? This question involves thinking outside the box. With some mental jiujitsu, you could create a gig extra that is unique to your gig.

For the second element, do the same thing with Uniqueness, but now think in terms of supply and demand. If demand for the category your gig is low, consider lowering the price of your gig extra. When demand is high, raise the price of your gig extra. It’s Economics 101. Also, lower price tags are very attractive to buyers who don’t have that much paypal money when comparing similar gigs; i.e. think of price tags from the buyer’s perspective.

And that to me is sound advice for the Level 1 seller (myself included).

Archived