Tips to write effective buyer requests? Tips and tricks to get orders from buyer requests

sarahdesigns671

Buyer requests are your friend through thick and thin, when your gig is not ranking on any keyword or you are not getting any orders automatically then these 10 daily requests are your best friends.
As I have been saying in my previous posts as well, I am not that much a successful seller on Fiverr, I just have around almost a thousand orders completed and around 680+ reviews but I can’t consider myself successful, but here are some of my tips that might help you in sending your buyer requests, if you find these helpful please apply these in your future buyer requests and write a comment down below if you get an order after following these tips.
So let us begin.

Parts of Your Buyer Requests:

1. Greetings: Don’t be a robot and must greet them by saying, Hi, hope you are doing great. I mean would you just get straight to business with someone you meet for the first time in real life? Then please do greet first( up to you).

2. Answer any questions asked in the requests: By answering the questions they have asked in their project description you grab their attention. Your focus is more service and help orientated this way.

3. Analyze their requirements as per your technical expertise and give them solutions to the problems.

4. Try to provide your ideas on how you propose to solve their problems.

General Do’s and Dont’s
• It is advised to address the buyer by their names, so you have to be smart to judge their names from the usernames e.g. if the username is ‘mikecq32’ then you should address the buyer by ‘Hi Mike’.

• Read the requirements in detail, don’t answer like a robot, try to provide solutions, try to find that one line that you can use to establish a connection with them, e.g. if the buyer writes about their dog and attaches a picture of their dog, try to comment something nice about the dog in the very first line of your request, this would help you establish a connection with the buyer, and make you stand out from all the other robot sellers.

• Let me get this thing straight right now, never ever address a potential client by ‘Hello dear’, I just shut down any conversation starting from hello dear, same is the case with most of the buyers out there. This is one of the most hated words in the freelance world. Seriously just stop saying dear.

• Do not address them as Sir/Madam/Boss, gender identification is a sensitive subject, please do not try to be insensitive, try not to address the buyer as sir or madam, use their names instead.

• Do not, I repeat do not use a template to send offers, as I said above read the request and reply as per the scenario, be smart, be tactful, you will see that before you even open the request 180-300 people might have already sent their requests to the buyer, so be tactful, try to stand out from the competition with your unique offers.

• Try to make them realize that you are the perfect person for this job by making them realize that you care about their business, if they have asked a question in their request, try to answer it in the opening line of your offer.

• Try not to overvalue your offer. I would recommend keeping your offer price as close to their budget as possible, e.g. if their budget is $50, try to offer $46 or $51.

• Do not pick a request that has a very low budget or a budget you are uncomfortable working with, similarly as a beginner you must realize that anyone with a budget of more than $100 would most likely not work with a new seller, so roundabout budgets of $25-$80 are your target. You can go lower as well if it is okay for you.

• Do not degrade the buyers even if the requests are absolutely ridiculous, you would see buyers with a budget of $5 and requirements including 10 initial concepts, a WordPress website, all the stationery items included, and would only pay if happy with the design. My advice-just ignore these types of buyers, in fact, stay as far away as possible.

• Last but not least, if they have an attachment, must review it before writing your offer. If it is a ppt then go through that. You would find way more specific things to write just by reviewing the attachments.

On 3/15/2021 at 4:44 PM, sarahdesigns671 said:

It is advised to address the buyer by their names, so you have to be smart to judge their names from the usernames e.g. if the username is ‘mikecq32’ then you should address the buyer by ‘Hi Mike’.

Not necessarily true…

What if you accidentally assume the wrong name? That’ll sound really unprofessional.

I would only greet them by their name if they specifically say what their name is.

so you have to be smart to judge their names from the usernames e.g. if the username is ‘mikecq32’ then you should address the buyer by ‘Hi Mike’.

Not necessarily true…

What if you accidentally assume the wrong name? That’ll sound really unprofessional.

I would only greet them by their name if they specifically say what their name is.

Actually you are right, but in my limited knowledge and very less experience i have realized that in buyer requests it is better to be wrong then not trying at all, meaning if you write mike and their name is something different, no it wont sound unprofessional because it is their username, your basic aim is to stand out rather than mixing up in the crowd, so 1 wrong guess should not discourage you, you might get 4 out 5 right as well, it is all about getting their attention, hope my explanation makes sense, hahaha please let me know if it doesn’t.

Few years ago I used to see tons of requests. Now refreshing all day It’s lucky too see some request but seems to be lower quality buyers. Question is, does level 1,2 see them before anyone else, if none has taken the offer does it go to new sellers ?

Few years ago I used to see tons of requests. Now refreshing all day It’s lucky too see some request but seems to be lower quality buyers. Question is, does level 1,2 see them before anyone else, if none has taken the offer does it go to new sellers ?

I hit L1 few days ago and while initially I thought, oh wow all these extra BR, I DO NOT believe that I get a single BR that I wasn’t getting before, they just don’t disappear in 30 seconds, they lie around stinking up the place for ages.

I still find they appear about the same times as they did before being Levelled Legend so no on the appearing constantly thing.

🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Buyer requests are your friend through thick and thin, when your gig is not ranking on any keyword or you are not getting any orders automatically then these 10 daily requests are your best friends.

As I have been saying in my previous posts as well, I am not that much a successful seller on Fiverr, I just have around almost a thousand orders completed and around 680+ reviews but I can’t consider myself successful, but here are some of my tips that might help you in sending your buyer requests, if you find these helpful please apply these in your future buyer requests and write a comment down below if you get an order after following these tips.

So let us begin.

Parts of Your Buyer Requests:

1. Greetings: Don’t be a robot and must greet them by saying, Hi, hope you are doing great. I mean would you just get straight to business with someone you meet for the first time in real life? Then please do greet first( up to you).

2. Answer any questions asked in the requests: By answering the questions they have asked in their project description you grab their attention. Your focus is more service and help orientated this way.

3. Analyze their requirements as per your technical expertise and give them solutions to the problems.

4. Try to provide your ideas on how you propose to solve their problems.

General Do’s and Dont’s

• It is advised to address the buyer by their names, so you have to be smart to judge their names from the usernames e.g. if the username is ‘mikecq32’ then you should address the buyer by ‘Hi Mike’.

• Read the requirements in detail, don’t answer like a robot, try to provide solutions, try to find that one line that you can use to establish a connection with them, e.g. if the buyer writes about their dog and attaches a picture of their dog, try to comment something nice about the dog in the very first line of your request, this would help you establish a connection with the buyer, and make you stand out from all the other robot sellers.

• Let me get this thing straight right now, never ever address a potential client by ‘Hello dear’, I just shut down any conversation starting from hello dear, same is the case with most of the buyers out there. This is one of the most hated words in the freelance world. Seriously just stop saying dear.

• Do not address them as Sir/Madam/Boss, gender identification is a sensitive subject, please do not try to be insensitive, try not to address the buyer as sir or madam, use their names instead.

• Do not, I repeat do not use a template to send offers, as I said above read the request and reply as per the scenario, be smart, be tactful, you will see that before you even open the request 180-300 people might have already sent their requests to the buyer, so be tactful, try to stand out from the competition with your unique offers.

• Try to make them realize that you are the perfect person for this job by making them realize that you care about their business, if they have asked a question in their request, try to answer it in the opening line of your offer.

• Try not to overvalue your offer. I would recommend keeping your offer price as close to their budget as possible, e.g. if their budget is $50, try to offer $46 or $51.

• Do not pick a request that has a very low budget or a budget you are uncomfortable working with, similarly as a beginner you must realize that anyone with a budget of more than $100 would most likely not work with a new seller, so roundabout budgets of $25-$80 are your target. You can go lower as well if it is okay for you.

• Do not degrade the buyers even if the requests are absolutely ridiculous, you would see buyers with a budget of $5 and requirements including 10 initial concepts, a WordPress website, all the stationery items included, and would only pay if happy with the design. My advice-just ignore these types of buyers, in fact, stay as far away as possible.

• Last but not least, if they have an attachment, must review it before writing your offer. If it is a ppt then go through that. You would find way more specific things to write just by reviewing the attachments.

Last but not least

Thank you so much. I will try to apply these stapes when I will send a offer. There is a question. How to find out the buyer user name? When I will send offer. I find their username after send offer. Please help me. How ?

Last but not least

Thank you so much. I will try to apply these stapes when I will send a offer. There is a question. How to find out the buyer user name? When I will send offer. I find their username after send offer. Please help me. How ?

How to find out the buyer user name? When I will send offer. I find their username after send offer.

From your Dashboard there will be a link that says MORE. Click on that and if there are any Buyer’s Requests for your category, you should find them there.

NEVER send a message directly to the buyer - the way you have worded your query here makes it sound like you want to find out their account name here and just directly look them up to send a message. Maybe not. Either way, I felt you needed to be warned NOT to do that. ONLY respond to them through the actual Buyer’s Request itself. This is because if you were to send a message to them directly, they could mark it as SPAM and get your account a warning, or worse, if you do it to enough buyer’s accounts.

GG

On 3/29/2021 at 12:59 PM, genuineguidance said:

From your Dashboard there will be a link that says MORE. Click on that and if there are any Buyer’s Requests for your category, you should find them there.

NEVER send a message directly to the buyer - the way you have worded your query here makes it sound like you want to find out their account name here and just directly look them up to send a message. Maybe not. Either way, I felt you needed to be warned NOT to do that. ONLY respond to them through the actual Buyer’s Request itself. This is because if you were to send a message to them directly, they could mark it as SPAM and get your account a warning, or worse, if you do it to enough buyer’s accounts.

That’s an excellent advice, i knew i was missing something in my original post to add this warning as well.

Secondly i guess his question was related to my tip of guessing their name from their usernames, the usernames are available in the mobile app.

Contacting the buyers directly is never appreciated though, that is an unsolicited contact and such a bad sales technique.

On 3/29/2021 at 1:02 PM, ashik_ali said:

Thank you so much. I will try to apply these stapes when I will send a offer. There is a question. How to find out the buyer user name? When I will send offer. I find their username after send offer. Please help me. How?

Send the offer directly in the buyer Requests section, never contact them in messages or inbox.

Secondly if you want to use the username to guess their names only then utilize it, the buyer usernames are visible in the mobile app but not on the desktop application.

Send the offer directly in the buyer Requests section, never contact them in messages or inbox.

Secondly if you want to use the username to guess their names only then utilize it, the buyer usernames are visible in the mobile app but not on the desktop application.

I’ve been using buyers request to get orders since my Gigs are deranked to the last page. Now I’m a level 1 seller. Thanks for the tips.

Hi
@sarahdesigns671.

I hope you are really done a good job for everyone, I really appreciate it but you have a misconception about Robot and greetings below the first line of your remembering.

• If you think buyer and seller is one then why misconceptions?
  • If you think only one type of product is available on the Fiverr freelance marketplace, then why misconceptions?
  • If you think if you have done an MBA degree then it doesn’t mean having an Engineering degree will not understand your English communication language, then why misconception?
  • If you think the Israel language is different from any other country language like American language, Indian Language, then why misconception?

Everyone knows International English is the only language in which we communicate, response equally with others and finds & share our feelings and understand what we speak, tell, say.

Remove your misconception that Robot only says “Hi, hope you are doing great”.

You do have lots of mistakes, still, it will be very lengthy, but I will not repeat it.

----- These are my opinion & and my statements are true to tactfully solved.—
------Kindly do not be serious. Just for knowledgeable facts.-- Take it as in positive sense.
-----Please do not reply ---- to this message.

cheers

Hi

@sarahdesigns671.

I hope you are really done a good job for everyone, I really appreciate it but you have a misconception about Robot and greetings below the first line of your remembering.

• If you think buyer and seller is one then why misconceptions?
  • If you think only one type of product is available on the Fiverr freelance marketplace, then why misconceptions?
  • If you think if you have done an MBA degree then it doesn’t mean having an Engineering degree will not understand your English communication language, then why misconception?
  • If you think the Israel language is different from any other country language like American language, Indian Language, then why misconception?

Everyone knows International English is the only language in which we communicate, response equally with others and finds & share our feelings and understand what we speak, tell, say.

Remove your misconception that Robot only says “Hi, hope you are doing great”.

You do have lots of mistakes, still, it will be very lengthy, but I will not repeat it.

----- These are my opinion & and my statements are true to tactfully solved.—

------Kindly do not be serious. Just for knowledgeable facts.-- Take it as in positive sense.

-----Please do not reply ---- to this message.

cheers

Thank you so much for your reply and raising this point, although you said not to reply but as it is a public forum so i would love to make corrections,

I think you misunderstood what i intended to say in the post,

I meant don’t be a robot and must greet them by saying hi hope you are doing great or any other greetings you can come up with.

Meaning don’t just get straight to business, greet them as if humans do to each other when they meet each other the very first time.

No offense, discussion or a debate intended, just wanted to clarify for the rest of the readers.

Thanks again for raising this point.

Thank you so much for your reply and raising this point, although you said not to reply but as it is a public forum so i would love to make corrections,

I think you misunderstood what i intended to say in the post,

I meant don’t be a robot and must greet them by saying hi hope you are doing great or any other greetings you can come up with.

Meaning don’t just get straight to business, greet them as if humans do to each other when they meet each other the very first time.

No offense, discussion or a debate intended, just wanted to clarify for the rest of the readers.

Thanks again for raising this point.

Hi

@sarahdesigns671

It’s okay friend, I understand that you feel very sad and embarrassment when somebody says not to reply as I can see you have raised your voice & replied because you feel very, so upset.

Thank you for your explaining me with proper explanation & providing clear cut clarification to a point but at least you cleared your speech and learned something from me. That’s really important.

Anyway!@sarahdesigns671

As I already recorded in my above sentences"my statements are true to tactfully solved"

Cheers

Hello!

I am not totally new to Fiverr though I did join only 2-3 months ago. I had successfully done 6 projects but then I tested positive for covid-19 during my 7th one. The seller refused to be understanding and insisted on cancelling the order. The 2 week hiatus and the cancelled order seems to have seriously cost me because I am not getting anymore orders.

Any tips on how to rectify this situation? I really want to secure new orders and get my Fiverr work back on track.

Hello!

I am not totally new to Fiverr though I did join only 2-3 months ago. I had successfully done 6 projects but then I tested positive for covid-19 during my 7th one. The seller refused to be understanding and insisted on cancelling the order. The 2 week hiatus and the cancelled order seems to have seriously cost me because I am not getting anymore orders.

Any tips on how to rectify this situation? I really want to secure new orders and get my Fiverr work back on track.

Hi Sambhavi,

So sad to hear for what happened, i hope you and your family are fine now?

Yeah sometimes the buyers are not so cooperative but it’s okay. Don’t worry.

As far as your condition is concerned, if you are not getting any orders automatically then i would recommend making social media handles and posting helpful and valuable content there using good researched hashtags and promoting your gigs with a link in bio in instagram. Do make a Facebook page as well for promotion of your services but don’t be salesy, try to provide value to your audience. Visit facebook groups of your target audience e.g. for book cover editors their target audience are book publishers, indie authors etc. There they can find work.

LinkedIn is a great platform as well. Make a professional account there and start promoting your work with a link to your fiverr profile.

But your best friend would be the buyers Requests.

Follow these tips in sending buyer Requests and hopefully you will get an order.

Reason for social media advice is the more outside traffic you bring to your gig, the better chances it has to rank better, meaning the more buyers you’ll bring on this platform, and make them sign up and spend money the better ranked your gig will be. Hope this helps.

Hi Sambhavi,

So sad to hear for what happened, i hope you and your family are fine now?

Yeah sometimes the buyers are not so cooperative but it’s okay. Don’t worry.

As far as your condition is concerned, if you are not getting any orders automatically then i would recommend making social media handles and posting helpful and valuable content there using good researched hashtags and promoting your gigs with a link in bio in instagram. Do make a Facebook page as well for promotion of your services but don’t be salesy, try to provide value to your audience. Visit facebook groups of your target audience e.g. for book cover editors their target audience are book publishers, indie authors etc. There they can find work.

LinkedIn is a great platform as well. Make a professional account there and start promoting your work with a link to your fiverr profile.

But your best friend would be the buyers Requests.

Follow these tips in sending buyer Requests and hopefully you will get an order.

Reason for social media advice is the more outside traffic you bring to your gig, the better chances it has to rank better, meaning the more buyers you’ll bring on this platform, and make them sign up and spend money the better ranked your gig will be. Hope this helps.

Hey Sarah,

Thank you so much for the advice. I just had one last concern. My order completion rate has fallen to 75% since I had only completed 6 orders before this debacle happened. I am guessing that might affect clients’ decision. Do you have any advice about how to handle that?

Thanks again,

Sambhavi

Hello!

When You need to order is cancel by buyer or your problem. then you try say buyer , I requested to I send cancel order form resolution center. then you have no problem.

If buyer cancel then it is problem great.

Try to Be send Great buyer Request.

On 4/7/2021 at 3:37 PM, sambhavi0710 said:

Thank you so much for the advice. I just had one last concern. My order completion rate has fallen to 75% since I had only completed 6 orders before this debacle happened. I am guessing that might affect clients’ decision. Do you have any advice about how to handle that?

Don’t worry the order completion rate would be back to normal in 60 days of the order cancellation, although it effects your overall ranking and next level promotions but it is not at all visible to the buyers, the only thing visible to the buyers is your response time rest all the analytics are Private and only visible to you.

Hope it helps.

Archived