Tired of Buyers Asking for Free Things Then Leaving a Negative if Not Done

I have seen this a million times on here, but I am just so mad. I write resumes, cover letters, etc. and am actually a recruiter in real life. I am so tired of buyers asking for orders to be expedited and not want to pay, or they want a free cover letter, etc. and not pay. I am polite with my explanation that these are gig extras. Why do buyers feel the need to leave negative feedback for something like that?

For example: Tonight, I had a buyer leave me negative feedback because he forgot to enter information and start his order. I delivered on time, but he is saying that I delivered 21 days after he placed the order. What lies! He also wanted free cover letters which I did not provide, after I politely told him that was an extra gig. He only bought the basic reformatting gig and then said I made very few changes to his resumes. Well, of course I did, because he only purchased the reformat?!?! UGH!!!

Thanks Oz. I sent them several screenshots about it. This guy even had the nerve to find me on LinkedIn and ask for me to hook him up with a job! I told him that was against Fiverr TOS and to only contact me through this site! I am really tired of feeling taken advantage of.

1 scoop $5, 2 scoops $10…

If you find yourself with a rogue buyer that is leaving you negative feedback or threatens as much if you do not comply with their wishes for example, Our customer support team are always on hand, have them take a look at the order by submitting a request via the resolution centre or via http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/requests/ticket_forms/new

Cheers

Oz

LOL, this is the same kind of nonsense that happens on Elance. Buyers try to expand the scope for the same price and if you don’t you look like the bad guy. The Elance support seems to heavily favor the buyer so that’s one of the reasons I have turned away from it. In any case, I hope that’s not the case here. I’ve been fortunate to not have that experience (but there were some close calls). I just let them know that a $5 investment is a small price to pay for what I’m offering. So far, so good.

Good luck @alb8475

I did not deliver an empty gig. I delivered what was asked and paid for. Jenny in Customer Service was great and helped me out with this situation last night. The buyer did not enter the required information to start the order so I had no idea it was even there until he sent me a message on that order asking why I had not responded to him. Then he wanted me to expedite for free to make up for the lost time (that was his fault). I just shake my head and move on…

Not to mention to crazy messages on Linkedin and wanting free cover letters. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone with all the crazy requests…

Thank you all for your encouragement and advice. I know I am not alone and I appreciate it!