To all buyers: PLEASE DON'T MESSAGE SELLERS WITH "HI'' or "HELLO"

anamariaedan

I am not sure if this happens to a lot of you, but lately, I keep waking up in the middle of the night with 5-7 messages only saying ‘‘Hi’’ or ‘‘Hello’’ or ‘‘Are you available’’.

Normally it wouldn’t bother me, but most commonly when I reply to them, the next message comes again the next night (just an example) and the buyer still does not specify what he/she needs for a custom offer. This wastes a lot of time on both sides! While the buyer might be awaiting my reply in order to take on the project, if he does not clearly explain what he/she needs, I have to continue with several questions which make the process even longer and the conversation ends up in ‘‘I need this asap in 4-5 hours’’. Well, obviously I cannot provide the work that fast although I’ve been talking to the customer for several days.

Therefore please, if you are a buyer and see this, send all your requirements or details about what you need from the very first message. You will know as soon as the seller replies if you should rely on him/her or move on to contacting another seller. It will save your time!

Everyone has these, everyone - I get tenths of these a month - and 90% of them are poor attempts to ask me get them work, or to promote their gigs, or try to spam/scam me.

But you should know that it’s something specific to a few countries, maybe a cultural thing or something…

I deal with these kind of messages by just sending back “NO.”

I have very rarely had orders from messages which start with “Hi” which don’t turn into a God awful nightmare.

The happy clappy “Hi” people are usually the first to send a message saying “hey, how’s it coming?” 2 minutes after placing an order. Then things just do from bad to worse.

I would much rather work with an orangutan in Indonesia which speaks semi-fluent conversational sign language than a humanzee from the West which can only start a conversation by parroting the word “Hi” over and over.

I deal with these kind of messages by just sending back “NO.”

I have very rarely had orders from messages which start with “Hi” which don’t turn into a God awful nightmare.

The happy clappy “Hi” people are usually the first to send a message saying “hey, how’s it coming?” 2 minutes after placing an order. Then things just do from bad to worse.

I would much rather work with an orangutan in Indonesia which speaks semi-fluent conversational sign language than a humanzee from the West which can only start a conversation by parroting the word “Hi” over and over.

At least they don’t say “hey”.

Ten minutes after ordering one said to me today “has it been cast yet?”

I receive on average 3 of these a week.

Here’s one I got yesterday:

Him:

Hello…

Me

Hello to you!

Him:

How are you ?

Me

I’m doing fine! How may I help you?

Him:

Ok no problem…

Me

Is there a reason you messaged me?

dumbfounded?!

Yes they do go like that. Have you ever stuck it out until they got around to why they message you?

I had one end up placing an order but that was a first.

Yes they do go like that. Have you ever stuck it out until they got around to why they message you?

I had one end up placing an order but that was a first.

Wow to that one!

I doubt it’s a big sale though. I’ve had people message me with literally 2-3 words per message.

I have others that think the messaging system is a chatbox and they message me sentence per message. 😤

One of the features I would like to see happen is a chat feature - just like Facebook messenger.

Wow to that one!

I doubt it’s a big sale though. I’ve had people message me with literally 2-3 words per message.

I have others that think the messaging system is a chatbox and they message me sentence per message. 😤

One of the features I would like to see happen is a chat feature - just like Facebook messenger.

It’s like pulling teeth to get a couple of words out of some. Others send 20 messages in a row even after I stop talking to them, like the one today who told me how he just got a gig from my competition— who was not answering, I can see why— but then kept up the messages non stop while I ignored them.

Hi, Hello, Hey, are all quite annoying.
Hi dear, Hello dear, is equally annoying for me.
Pardon me if I sound mean, but I cringe when I see that one word.

“Hello, Dear Zeus777, I have a question…” is OK.
“Hello dear, can you help me?” is a problem.

Hi, Hello, Hey, are all quite annoying.

Hi dear, Hello dear, is equally annoying for me.

Pardon me if I sound mean, but I cringe when I see that one word.

“Hello, Dear Zeus777, I have a question…” is OK.

“Hello dear, can you help me?” is a problem.

When they call me dear I cringe. It feels like they want something and are buttering me up.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Even though I’m not a guy, I don’t mind sir. At least they were trying to be polite, I guess???

Friend, I don’t like. After working on several orders, it can be fine.

If I get a “hey bro” at the very first message…a big no no.

Even though I’m not a guy, I don’t mind sir. At least they were trying to be polite, I guess???

Friend, I don’t like. After working on several orders, it can be fine.

If I get a “hey bro” at the very first message…a big no no.

Azusa!!! 😍

One lady kept calling me hun until I finally told her my name is Miss Crystal and she will refer to me by that. I had gotten fed up in general by that point. I know in some places in the US that is considered normal but still it wasn’t feeling right.

Wow, hun??? That hasn’t happened to me yet…same with sweetie or honey.

Not sure how I’d react to that!

Wow, hun??? That hasn’t happened to me yet…same with sweetie or honey.

Not sure how I’d react to that!

And they call men “hun” as well, been there myself, but for some reason being called like that made me feel like talking to my mother or grandma, it made me feel comfy 😛

At least they don’t say “hey”.

Ten minutes after ordering one said to me today “has it been cast yet?”

“has it been cast yet?”

Life’s quick!

I pay - You cast - I get love/money/cuddle : All these needs to happen in a score of minutes!

😛

Archived