To all that advertise their gigs here... Does it work?

wordandrecord

I have My Fiverr Gigs muted so no ads for me. I do think the forum works though. I’d be more likely to order, or tell my friends to order, from people on the forum who engage in conversation and so I can see that they’re capable. I’m certainly more likely to recommend ordering from a newbie or level 1 seller through their forum activity.

On the other hand, some people on the forum show that they’re not capable so it can also have a negative effect.

I have surfed through the ad category (My Fiverr Gigs) when looking for something to buy. I often don’t find the right match and end up going back to the main page or asking people I know for referrals. Every now and then I find a gem in MFG. Otherwise, I don’t read the posts there other than a skim for moderation.

I do get an occasional order from other sellers that I get to know on the forum. It’s not a lot and I sure wouldn’t base all my marketing and promotions off of the forum. I think meaningful conversation on the forum is more likely to snag an occasional order than an ad or just writing “Great post!”

I have surfed through the ad category (My Fiverr Gigs) when looking for something to buy. I often don’t find the right match and end up going back to the main page or asking people I know for referrals. Every now and then I find a gem in MFG. Otherwise, I don’t read the posts there other than a skim for moderation.

I do get an occasional order from other sellers that I get to know on the forum. It’s not a lot and I sure wouldn’t base all my marketing and promotions off of the forum. I think meaningful conversation on the forum is more likely to snag an occasional order than an ad or just writing “Great post!”

Great post!!!

I think meaningful conversation on the forum is more likely to snag an occasional order than an ad or just writing “Great post!”

Thank you for your useful tips.

I think meaningful conversation on the forum is more likely to snag an occasional order than an ad or just writing “Great post!”

Thank you for your useful tips.

Dear Sir:

Please to help me make sales.

I’m a very poor man from a country where our Dear Leader say things are very bad and carnage coming to us all…

Looking forward to your top tips and tricks…

When I read a coherent and/or interesting post or comment I check out the persons profile and favorite any of the gigs that I think I may be interested in at some point. When I need something, I check my favorites first. I would say at least half of my purchases in value have been through people I first saw on the forum. When it comes to writers, I do not understand why anyone would not pick from the forum alone - especially now that it is so easy to click on people’s name and check everything they have written!

As was said above, if I know someone from the forum because they sound difficult, spam the place etc then I won’t use them.

Archived