To me, this is a possible extra hurdle for sellers

cyaxrex

So, I recently placed an order on Fiverr. I just remembered to rate it and this happened:

35907762_Screenshotat2019-05-1701-36-47.png.5c81ac94bc2c2d270c2d6942c1884238.png

While I see the basic logic behind this, I’m dead against it. My reason being that most buyers do not understand how to rate the value of what they take delivery of on Fiverr. That said, maybe I should rephrase that to, ’most budget buyers do not know how to rate the value of what they receive on Fiverr.'

A survey like this also forgets that the majority of sellers on Fiverr sell services which are already discounted. (When compared to their equivalents in the real world.)

Of course, me saying that buyers don’t know how to rate the real value of an order sounds cheeky. However, two factors need to be accounted for.

• The average person who uses Fiverr really doesn’t know how much it costs to create a logo, video, voice over, written article, etc
  • A lot of buyers on Fiverr are resellers who want to buy as cheaply as possible

To demonstrate, I have a base price of $15 on one of my writing gigs. I have (or had) a repeat buyer who I always gave extra freebies. I’d throw in an extra 200-words. I’d include extra research etc.

Recently, I found that this buyer has created a copy of my gig priced at $65. I thought that was a bit cheeky. However, I can’t really up my prices in protest. At least, not without cutting off my other regular buyers.

A few days ago this buyer messaged me with a brief for a 500-word article. However, there was no way that the topic they wanted covering in the way they wanted it covering, could be detailed in anything less than 1,000 - 1,500 words. I informed them of this and gave them a $45 quote.

Straight away, I was told, "I think that’s too much, don’t you think?"

Now, most of my buyers are resellers, One I know has an agency where they sell my work for a minimum price of $50. I highly doubt, though, that when they are asked to complete the above survey, they will say that my deliveries are worth more than what they paid.

Recently, all my gigs have been resigned to the Fiver basement level. I have no way of knowing if surveys like this are responsible. Needles to say, I hope they aren’t. Fiverr must use this information somehow, though, and this does worry me.

So, I recently placed an order on Fiverr. I just remembered to rate it and this happened:

While I see the basic logic behind this, I’m dead against it. My reason being that most buyers do not understand how to rate the value of what they take delivery of on Fiverr. That said, maybe I should rephrase that to, ’most budget buyers do not know how to rate the value of what they receive on Fiverr.'

A survey like this also forgets that the majority of sellers on Fiverr sell services which are already discounted. (When compared to their equivalents in the real world.)

Of course, me saying that buyers don’t know how to rate the real value of an order sounds cheeky. However, two factors need to be accounted for.

• The average person who uses Fiverr really doesn’t know how much it costs to create a logo, video, voice over, written article, etc
  • A lot of buyers on Fiverr are resellers who want to buy as cheaply as possible

To demonstrate, I have a base price of $15 on one of my writing gigs. I have (or had) a repeat buyer who I always gave extra freebies. I’d throw in an extra 200-words. I’d include extra research etc.

Recently, I found that this buyer has created a copy of my gig priced at $65. I thought that was a bit cheeky. However, I can’t really up my prices in protest. At least, not without cutting off my other regular buyers.

A few days ago this buyer messaged me with a brief for a 500-word article. However, there was no way that the topic they wanted covering in the way they wanted it covering, could be detailed in anything less than 1,000 - 1,500 words. I informed them of this and gave them a $45 quote.

Straight away, I was told, "I think that’s too much, don’t you think?"

Now, most of my buyers are resellers, One I know has an agency where they sell my work for a minimum price of $50. I highly doubt, though, that when they are asked to complete the above survey, they will say that my deliveries are worth more than what they paid.

Recently, all my gigs have been resigned to the Fiver basement level. I have no way of knowing if surveys like this are responsible. Needles to say, I hope they aren’t. Fiverr must use this information somehow, though, and this does worry me.

That question has been there for a pretty long time. I personally don’t think it has much impact on the placement of gigs and such. I don’t believe a lot of those stealth questions you get asked about your buyer experience have a meaningful impact on established sellers. If anything, they’re there so the QA team can feed back stuff to whatever department, so they can adjust their next hipster-like Youtube video campaign accordingly 😉

Of course, me saying that buyers don’t know how to rate the real value of an order sounds cheeky.

Not cheeky at all. This is entirely correct. A very significant portion of buyers don’t know the value of things and fail to recognise that the vast majority of good sellers on Fiverr are selling their services at a lower rate compared to brick and mortar studios and other marketplaces. I occasionally get messages from people asking for discounts but it’s rare and those that do I remind them it’s already discounted.

I’m sure unless it was a $5 gig most will put lower than what I paid. It’s human nature. People have a natural tendency after a purchase to think they paid too much.

This is well known among those of us who have studied consumer behavior. This is not a new science. Consumer behavior is one of the most well researched fields of psychology. Post-purchase thought processes have been studied extensively.

I wonder why this is being asked. I think it is a general attempt to see how buyers think of what they got.

It seems to be suggesting that buyers re think what they got and ask themselves if it was really worth buying. I think probably two thirds at least would say it was priced too high.

The following scale was developed by Sweeney, Hausknecht, and Soutar in a study to investigate three elements (one emotional, two cognitive) of buyer’s remorse.[3]

|After I bought this product:|
|Emotional|I was in despair|
|I resented it|
|I felt disappointed with myself|
|I felt scared|
|I felt hollow|
|I felt angry|
|I felt uneasy|
|I felt I’d let myself down|
|I felt annoyed|
|I felt frustrated|
|I was in pain|
|I felt depressed|
|I felt furious with myself|
|I felt sick|
|I was in agony|
|Wisdom of purchase|I wonder if I really need this product|
|I wonder whether I should have bought anything at all|
|I wonder if I have made the right choice|
|I wonder if I have done the right thing in buying this product|
|Concern over deal|I wondered if I’d been fooled|
|I wondered if they had spun me a lie|
|I wondered whether there was something wrong with the deal I got|

Marketing implications[edit]

Buyer’s remorse is a powerful experience for consumers. For years, marketers have been attempting to reduce buyer’s remorse through many different methods.
—from Wikipedia

It seems that if a buyer comes back and places more orders from a seller that indicates they thought what they got was worth the price.

How many ways are there to measure how well a seller is pleasing his buyers? Do they still have that other questionair?

The following scale was developed by Sweeney, Hausknecht, and Soutar in a study to investigate three elements (one emotional, two cognitive) of buyer’s remorse.[3]

|After I bought this product:|

|Emotional|I was in despair|

|I resented it|

|I felt scared|

|I felt hollow|

|I felt angry|

|I felt uneasy|

|I felt annoyed|

|I felt frustrated|

|I was in pain|

|I felt depressed|

|I felt sick|

|I was in agony|

|Wisdom of purchase|I wonder if I really need this product|

|Concern over deal|I wondered if I’d been fooled|

Marketing implications[edit]

Buyer’s remorse is a powerful experience for consumers. For years, marketers have been attempting to reduce buyer’s remorse through many different methods.

—from Wikipedia

It seems that if a buyer comes back and places more orders from a seller that indicates they thought what they got was worth the price.

How many ways are there to measure how well a seller is pleasing his buyers? Do they still have that other questionair?

The following scale was developed by Sweeney, Hausknecht, and Soutar in a study to investigate three elements (one emotional, two cognitive) of buyer’s remorse.

Everything on your list describes me after I buy or trade crypto. My last trade was an hour ago. It never gets any easier.

|I resented it|

|I felt scared|

|I felt hollow|

|I felt angry|

|I felt uneasy|

|I felt annoyed|

|I felt frustrated|

|I was in pain|

|I felt depressed|

|I felt sick|

|I was in agony|

| Wisdom of purchase |I wonder if I really need this product|

| Concern over deal |I wondered if I’d been fooled|

It’s me. It’s all me. Why on Earth do I live my life this way? :thinking:

The following scale was developed by Sweeney, Hausknecht, and Soutar in a study to investigate three elements (one emotional, two cognitive) of buyer’s remorse.

Everything on your list describes me after I buy or trade crypto. My last trade was an hour ago. It never gets any easier.

|I resented it|

|I felt scared|

|I felt hollow|

|I felt angry|

|I felt uneasy|

|I felt annoyed|

|I felt frustrated|

|I was in pain|

|I felt depressed|

|I felt sick|

|I was in agony|

| Wisdom of purchase |I wonder if I really need this product|

| Concern over deal |I wondered if I’d been fooled|

It’s me. It’s all me. Why on Earth do I live my life this way? :thinking:

We can explore the deep psychological reasons but it might be similar to the gambler’s emotions. I tried trading stocks for a short while and realized the stress wasn’t worth it. I did make a lot of money but it was torture mentally.

I had begun when I woke up one day knowing absolutely gold was about to soar in price and quickly arranged to have my life savings put into gold reserves. At that time I had none of the anxiety I later had when I tried to continue doing it. I also put my mother’s life savings into it. She agreed without reservation, knowing me as she does.

We can explore the deep psychological reasons but it might be similar to the gambler’s emotions. I tried trading stocks for a short while and realized the stress wasn’t worth it. I did make a lot of money but it was torture mentally.

I had begun when I woke up one day knowing absolutely gold was about to soar in price and quickly arranged to have my life savings put into gold reserves. At that time I had none of the anxiety I later had when I tried to continue doing it. I also put my mother’s life savings into it. She agreed without reservation, knowing me as she does.

did make a lot of money but it was torture mentally.

Did your hair fall out too? :thinking:

I don’t trade that much really. Today was my first time in a year. I got burned bad by the greed bug. I used to listen in on a live chat between some of the biggest Bitcoin whales. (People who own most of the supply.) I figured that if I bought when they bought and sold when they sold, I’d be Jeff Bezos by the weekend.

I quit when I lost $5K while a guy in the chat started crying because he’d lost his last $50K. A day before, he’d been talking about his amazing new Apple home sound system and moaning about river gypsies. (People who live on boats.) Hearing him cry was satisfying, but gave me the wakeup call I needed to get a hold of myself.

It’s pretty horrendous what gambling and trading can do to people.

I don’t trade that much really. Today was my first time in a year. I got burned bad by the greed bug. I used to listen in on a live chat between some of the biggest Bitcoin whales. (People who own most of the supply.) I figured that if I bought when they bought and sold when they sold, I’d be Jeff Bezos by the weekend.

I quit when I lost $5K while a guy in the chat started crying because he’d lost his last $50K. A day before, he’d been talking about his amazing new Apple home sound system and moaning about river gypsies. (People who live on boats.) Hearing him cry was satisfying, but gave me the wakeup call I needed to get a hold of myself.

You got taken by the old “pump and dump” scheme from the sound of it. The big holders pump up the price with buyers and sell when it shoots up.

The problem is big holders have the ability to artificially manipulate prices.

You got taken by the old “pump and dump” scheme from the sound of it. The big holders pump up the price with buyers and sell when it shoots up.

The problem is big holders have the ability to artificially manipulate prices.

You got taken by the old “pump and dump” scheme from the sound of it.

Not really. They didn’t know I was listening. 😉 It was just a crazy time for the markets.

realized the stress wasn’t worth it.

I sold Final Expense Life Insurance Face to Face for a couple of years, I had the same feelings. 100% commission. I did very well, intact I was recognize nationally as a top producer. It’s just cut throat. Agents replacing policies and causing commission charge backs. Clients canceling due to buyers remorse and causing commission chargebacks. Fortunately I understand how to save and manage money. I could’t take the mental torture of the game, especially because all I wanted to do was honestly help people and make a living.

Anyhow, I am confident that my voice over career will be much less of a mental torture. From my understanding there are no chargebacks after you help a customer and deliver a solid product that they are happy with!

I honestly can’t see any point in this at all. I wish they would fix some of the other concerns. Have you read the reviews? This site has a very low trust level. You’d think they’d try to build up their reputation.

There are a lot of disgruntled previous sellers who post bitterly, ones who got banned for violations. It’s easier to blame the site.

I think I’ll skip cryto for now. I was curious, but honestly, I’ve been dabbling in other things lately, so really don’t have the time.

I think I’ll skip cryto for now. I was curious, but honestly, I’ve been dabbling in other things lately, so really don’t have the time.

Crypto is like stocks. It probably goes up and down day by day. As I said, a handful of huge holders of it can artificially manipulate the values. I had a couple of stocks where I could see how much any one person owned of a certain stock and could see them repeatedly buying and selling a few million dollars worth at a time, thereby making a nice profit each time their trades affected the selling price.

It was done nice and regular too. I actually had a system where I would simply follow their trades with my own small ones.

So now I wonder if the buyers still have those multiple choice questions to answer.

Archived