Fiverr Community Forum

Too funny not to share

So I had a potential buyer message me about writing a western story which was 2500 words long. I gave them a quote and then this happened…

I checked out their profile and they are a seller as well that states in their profile “NO FREE OR CHEAP WORK”. Yet they want a bunch of work done for ten bucks or less.

Crazy folks.

21 Likes

Lays down the rules in no uncertain terms just in case anyone gets any funny ideas.

It’s a real eye opener to be here. That’s why I love my super nice clients so much. We do get odd messages but almost all my clients are great.

8 Likes

Hello

There are lots of new seller who try to sell there service only 5$.
Even they don’t have any basic knowledge about what they are doing.
They think earning $$$ is so easy …! :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

:see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

That hurts my head. I hope the buyers realise that if the prices are super cheap they are not going to get anything original or custom enough to make them happy.

6 Likes

Strange people are out there.

3 Likes

Adults talking with emojis is a dead giveaway that the things can and will go wrong pretty much immediately. Assuming you were contacted by an adult.

6 Likes

I get ladies who send me xx after each message, what’s up with that? :grin:

It’s nice I guess, I’m just not used to it.

3 Likes

Lol! :smile:

I use emojis in the chat box with sellers quite often. I promise you that I’m an adult. Typically, it’s to sellers that I’ve had long term relationships.

Of course, I use smiling or wink and with some sellers, I end with a:

:orange_heart:, G
:purple_heart:, Gina

I also don’t write or talk like the person above. Whoever that was sounds rather young.

6 Likes

I mean, I don’t mind a smiley face or two but when the entire message starts to look like one of those books for preschoolers where they put a picture next to a word so the child memorizes new words better through visual association, it becomes headache-inducing.

Yeah, the second they mention that something is “lit”, you know they’re most likely in their teens/very early twenties.

4 Likes

Yikes! :smiley:

The Seller wrote:

“Nice try no lettuce?” :thinking:

Hmm, maybe he was making a salad or something. :green_salad:

I’m the emoji Queen. :crown: But when dealing with Clients I keep them at bay. I’d toss in a smiley face :slightly_smiling_face: or a :butterfly: but nothing that’s overly excessive. My clients never complained about it, some of them sent emojis like a :coffee: or :clap:t4: and :heart: signifying they loved the work.

However, the Seller in the screenshot message was atrocious to read. Definitely a turn off! :wilted_flower:

9 Likes

Nice try no lettuce?

I use emojis with clients as well, but I usually wait for them to initiate that first. Basically I try to mimic their style of conversation so I don’t look like a complete :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

2 Likes

No lettuce :rofl: They know there’s a :game_die: emoji, right?

3 Likes

That’s me, and a rather mature :older_woman:t2: adult at that!

2 Likes

I had a potential client open up a conversation with me today with

How would you like to rap on my track? I was really hoping to only pay 1/3 of your price and if you can expedite the delivery that would be great.

Of course I replied back with my prices aren’t flexible anything less wouldn’t be worth my time and effort. :eggplant:

6 Likes