Fiverr Community Forum

Top 10 essential tips for your WordPress website

WordPress is the fastest-growing content management system. WordPress now powers 30 percent of the internet. We have worked with this CMS for over 4 years and developed 100+ websites. From our experience, we can tell you that it is the most flexible and powerful CMS. If you are a member of the growing WordPress family check out our top 10 tips for the WordPress website.

1. Choose a powerful hosting service. Instead of choosing a shared server, choose a cloud server from popular cloud hosting service providers like DigitalOcean and Cloudways. This way your site will load fast to all the users and you will get almost 100% uptime.

2. Instead of using heavy cache plugins like W3Total Cache, WP Super Cache, WP Rocket etc, use the cache plugin that is provided by your hosting provider. Many hosting providers like Siteground and Cloudways provide dedicated cache management plugins that only works on their server. If your server doesn’t have dedicated cache management plugins, you may use plugins like W3Total Cache, WP Super Cache, etc as an alternative.

3. Don’t install new plugins in the production site just to test a promising plugin. I have seen many clients doing this and bloating their site. Many plugins will still affect your site performance even if you delete them because many of those insert SQL data in the database and it makes the database heavy.

4. Use an automated image optimizer like WP Smush or EWWW Image Optimizer. This will increase the page load speed by reducing the image sizes and will stop your site from bloating.

5. Always use advanced security plugins like Wordfence, Sucuri, iThemes Security, etc because attackers target WordPress sites all the time because of it’s extreme popularity. This will disable the attackers from performing a Brute Force Attack, Spam comment or register and many other harmful activities for the site and its users.

6. Don’t use multiple plugins that do the same thing. For example, don’t use two image optimizer, security, or cache plugin at once. Sometimes this creates conflicts and most of the time is unnecessary.

7. Use an SEO plugin like Yoast SEO or Rank Math to better optimize your site’s SEO and drive traffic to the site from search engines.

8. Try to come up with some simple workflow ideas so that the users get benefited from the site. I see many clients asking for fancy customizations and implementing some fancy ideas and most of the time they are not much well thought considering all the possible situations. So, I would advise you to keep your idea simple but yet effective.

9. Make sure the website is mobile responsive and most importantly the navigation is flawless and meaningful. Many client websites have navigation issues. For example, you would definitely not want to show the Login/Register menu item to logged-in users. The same way you wouldn’t want the Logged out users to access the My Account, Dashboard, or some other menus. So, in this case, you will need to conditionally set up the menus. You may use a plugin named Nav Menu Roles ( not affiliated with them at all ) to conditionally setup your menu items.

10. Always keep the core of WordPress, themes, and plugins updated to the latest version. Not updating these for a long time and then suddenly moving to the latest version may create some conflict issues in the site. Make sure to take a backup before making any updates in case anything goes wrong.

I hope you will get benefited from this Top 10 essential tips for your WordPress website

If you need to develop any WordPress, WooCommerce website or fix issues in your website. You may contact me. I will be happy to help you with your website.

Comment down below if you think there are any other important tips for WordPress website or if this has helped you in any way.

3 Likes