Fiverr Community Forum

Top 5 Communication Skills You Need When Dealing With Difficult Buyers

I always respond, because you never know if the person is a night-owl or not. I’m the kind of person that checks my messages at 3am, them I eat dinner at 5 am, and go to bed at 7 am in the morning, so I know that you can never be too sure.

4 Likes

If you grew your hair, I’d say we should date!

I get your perspective. This is just something which I have found seems to work for me. i.e. Presuming that the rest of the world has something like a normal sleep cycle.

3 Likes

Just a low quality meme

3d7z5o

6 Likes

One thing I’ve learned on Fiverr
You really don’t know who your dealing with.
It’s worse than online poker, were the only “tell” is how they are betting.
I had clients pretend to be from the huge company their script seems to indicate…only to find out they are not…It was just a way of making you feel important so you will drag them to the top of the pile, and provide endless revisions…
So (just like life) if your a $5 or $500 client . You will get treated the same.

4 Likes

You’re a lucky charm. I just received a tip right after I saw your meme.

@steve_maxell - this is very true. You never know who you’re dealing with. I had the same experience - buyers who give the impression they’re from a huge corporation, turning out to be a local franchise in a real estate company instead.

I treat all my clients the same - and my 15 dollar orders gets the same attention and engagement as my 1500 ones.

4 Likes

I don’t get this anymore on Fiverr. What I do get is a lot of people who find me elsewhere online, who want to do business off-Fiverr… But think this means they can pay less?

I don’t get whatever logic they are using. I even had one person recently message me on Linkedin and give me an amazing pitch about how they had seen my reviews on Fiverr, were an exciting marketing agency, and wanted me to write a test piece, after which I may qualify to become one of their full-time, $6 per article writers.

3 Likes

Congrats on your Tip. We have similarity, I also work at night time. I go to sleep at 10/11 AM. Though my brain stops creativity after 7 AM.

3 Likes

Indeed, the creativity stops for me around 3-4 am - unless I have a lot of coffee. As a VO I find night is the best time to work. I’m in the dark of my booth anyway, but at night, at least it’s quiet.

6 Likes

Superb article! Many things to learn from here. Thanks for your amazing article.

3 Likes

Nice tips… Helpful for the situation of the maitain buyer

3 Likes

The stronger the customer service skills the quicker you move up the ranks and make more money

4 Likes

100% agree with Steve on this.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing this idea. It will be very helpful to me.
Ainil Marjiya.

2 Likes

Excellent communicative communication

1 Like

it is a really good tips. agree you.

2 Likes

Thank you for the helpful advice to me

2 Likes

Deal with Difficuit Buyers is serious issue. I’ll take care of it with this concept. thank you

1 Like

good point after all

1 Like

Awesome… Thank you so much.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your valuable tips!! :+1: :+1:

1 Like