Top 5 Fiverr Myths - Debunked!

coerdelion

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for making this video. It’s so true
Especially about point 2. I am sick of those youtube gurus who make these silly videos only for views and newbies come to this platforms without any skills and cry about not getting orders. You said right background removal is the most saturated makret and more and more sellers are coming in this without any skills.

It’s really true.
I think not only on Fiverr but also on other freelancing sites there’s the same situation.
And I have seen multiple YouTubers saying you don’t need to have any skills to work on Freelancing.
And its strange to staying online 24/7 and getting orders.

I had checked the channel, its amazing. Going to check another video regarding Fiverr on channel.
Good 👍

Good video 🙂
It does seem to flick to a different image then back again around 0:43.

At around 2:31 it says “So while sending buyer requests is quite a useful way to get orders…” - shouldn’t it say “So while sending offers to buyer requests is quite a useful way to get orders…” - otherwise some people might actually send buyer requests to try to get orders (advertising their gig) and get their requests denied/flagged.

Good video 🙂

It does seem to flick to a different image then back again around 0:43.

At around 2:31 it says “So while sending buyer requests is quite a useful way to get orders…” - shouldn’t it say “So while sending offers to buyer requests is quite a useful way to get orders…” - otherwise some people might actually send buyer requests to try to get orders (advertising their gig) and get their requests denied/flagged.

Its better practice to appreciate it. Just saying!!

Sharing would probably help,…but not keep sharing again and again !

On 8/9/2020 at 3:32 PM, tayyab_zia5 said:

why Fiverr ask to share your gig on social media 

Because sharing gives fiverr boost on search engine too! Its not only helping you but it helps fiverr way more than it helps you! Hope you know that any game or app keep asking you to share its link with others , this is almost same !

Nope.

Still far too risky.

Unlimited is NEVER a good idea.

I would never put them myself either but it would be fine to put it as a formality, in my opinion, when working on a large project.

A customer who puts a large sum of money forward is looking to be seriously satisfied with the completed work. It’s not going to turn into a hotbed for overworking/abuse like it happens with 5$ gigs. And there’s always CS if that happens. Again, it’s a formality. Most Pros I’m seeing right now put it in their premium package.

On 8/9/2020 at 3:54 PM, mattboa said:

I would never put them myself either but it would be fine to put it as a formality, in my opinion, when working on a large project.

A customer who puts a large sum of money forward is looking to be seriously satisfied with the completed work. It’s not going to turn into a hotbed for overworking/abuse like it happens with 5$ gigs. And there’s always CS if that happens. Again, it’s a formality. Most Pros I’m seeing right now put it in their premium package.

Nope, still not going to agree with unlimited.

1 ) Do you offer unlimited revisions, 100% money back guarantees, or 100% satisfaction guarantees? DON’T. These are never a good idea. The first two imply that you’re not confident in your work, and all three attract scammers.

*Exception!*
  • The only exception to this “no unlimited revisions” rule is if you have rock-solid, ‘fool-proof’, written, detailed measures in place to protect yourself from both scammers and Fiverr itself. See (FAQ) 1, 2, 3. If you do go this route, only offer unlimited in your highest package, and make the cost enough that it would cover a potential 50 revisions. The drop-down menu for revisions goes from 0 to 9, which should normally be plenty for any gig.
  • When a large and multi-million-dollar business offers money-back guarantee, it’s because they can afford to absorb the cost of a returned good. Freelancers can’t afford to risk loosing a large sale for work already done to the whim of a dissatisfied client. Besides, Fiverr already has a refund system in place, so you don’t need to include it.
  • While I agree that aiming for 100% satisfaction is great, there are too many witnesses and stories where offering ‘guarantee’ has forced cancellations. If you want to put this in, be very careful of your wording, so that there can be no loophole.

Archived