Top Buyer Badge

natalieab

Fiverr recently introduced a new Top Buyer badge, which is designed to help our seller community identify active buyers.

What is the Top Buyer badge?

The Top Buyer badge is a golden crown icon that is only added to a select group of buyers.

Where does the Top Buyer badge appear?

The Top Buyer badge appears next to the buyer’s username in your Inbox and My Contacts.

How is the Top Buyer badge calculated?

The Top Buyer badge is calculated by a number of factors including a high level of activity and orders on Fiverr.

New buyers with very high levels of activity, such as orders and frequent visits, could also receive the Top Buyer badge, so it’s not just restricted to repeat buyers who have been using the platform for a long time. It is important to note that the Top Buyer badge is updated regularly based on the factors above and is only visible to our seller community.

How does this help sellers?

Like any small business or entrepreneur, getting to know your customer is a vital component for growth and success. The Top Buyer badge allows sellers to identify high activity customers so you can develop a stronger business relationship and maintain the responsiveness rating. It’s here to help you know your customers better.

The badge is just one indicator that helps address three basic customer-relation principles of bringing new buyers, retaining existing buyers and taking care of your best customers.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, this badge really doesn’t do anything?..I treat ALL buyers the same? While the logo to let us know they are a repeat is nice, i am not going to give more TLC to any other client via this logo? Again, all clients should be treated the same. In fact, I just got ANOTHER PayPal Chargeback scammer this week of $400 and guess what, they had this very badge beside their name.

Honestly as a seller, it does not the first thing.

I don’t think all the Top Buyers are trustworthy. I actually had a Top Buyer few days ago who tried to put false allegations that the work is copied to get the work for free. I confronted him with sufficient proof that what the delivered was 100% original and further nuisance will be reported to Fiverr CS. He backed off saying it was a misunderstanding blah blah blah!

I’m never going to put my hopes high of Top Buyers any further! 😦

I think it would be helpful if the ratings buyers have received from sellers had an effect on whether or not they get and keep a Top Buyer badge. Since sellers don’t have access to see the ratings of a buyer, at least if we knew that the ratings given to buyers have an effect, it would help sellers know that our opinions about the transaction made a difference. Sellers are expected to keep a fairly high rating for a reason and I’d love to have that be true for buyers as well. 🙂

I feel like this is just another attempt to keep ‘opinionated’ sellers happy. Sure it’s nice to see if a buyer (or that particular account, as we know all too well that many buyers have several accounts despite the TOS) has made numerous purchases, but it would be much better if this feature also factored in the reviews given to them by sellers and the reviews they left for previous purchases. This just doesn’t go far enough in my opinion. Fiverr needs to realize that their community will fair far better if they implement a truly transparent system on both sides of the gig economy…

With that being said, I appreciate the effort.

Super feature Fiverr team, simple and effective!

Also a ranking system for “Buyers” is also needed to see if they are making repeated “cancellations” or give them a “rating as buyer”,to see if they also are giving negative ratings or receiving them?

What do you think?

-FiverGraphics5 self-promotion removed

My experience of the so called “top buyer” is comments such as

• good price or bad review, you choose!
  • i see you have no reviews. i’m here to give you a good rating but i expect a discount
  • here’s my cell number, call me now to get this gig underway

Guest customrapsongs

I don’t know what the qualifications are for being a “top buyer” but the majority of my buyers have one. How about you just let us see all the reviews that are left for the buyers??? That would actually give us useful information, not a favicon next to a user’s name in our inbox…

• 2 weeks later...

Archived