Top Buyer Badges? Was a "Top Buyer" Ranking just implemented? [RESOLVED]

landongrace

I see new icons in my mail showing “Repeat Customers” and “Top Buyers”. Is Fiverr helping us vet new customers? Could be a cool feature the Fiverr staff is brewing up!

We could help buyers become “Top Rated Buyers”. But the buyers will have to behave and meet us half way!

Sheriff’s Note: An official thread about this topic has been created here: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/70587/top-buyer-badge

Guest evpassino

The requirements for top buyer must not be very high, almost all of my buyers have this symbol next to their name. Also not sure what the purpose would be of this designation. It’s not like we go looking for buyers or have the opportunity to mutually accept an order. We can cancel, but cancellations (even mutual ones) are tracked, so that’s obviously discouraged.

It’s probably just to make buyers feel good about themselves so they spend more money.

Guest ricksper

Apparently these badges appear only in the Inbox, so if a Buyer creates a direct purchase, you don’t see them.

Besides there was already a way to view your repeat Buyers and their history. And what criteria do you assign to a potential buyer who doesn’t have a top buyer badge? Rejection?

More unneeded waste of resources when they could be addressing REAL issues.

Would be nice to know what the criteria is, so we could decide whether or not to use this when deciding to work with certain people. Like some others have said, it seems a little arbitrary. There’s one next to a new buyer who I recently had a lot of trouble with and who has only had an account for a month or so, but no badge next to two of the buyers that have worked with me for years and are always awesome. So…it doesn’t seem to have anything to do with how long they’ve been here, their communication abilities, or their ability to follow through with an order…

Please, Fiverr, give us some real info when you make changes!

I’m totally agree that buyers also need to have ratings and be a top buyer also I will make great discounts for buyers who became a top buyer also will recognize nasty buyers who just manipulating our kindness so I think it would be great and will help to keep fiverr safe with help of our great community.

Reply to @darrendesign: the issue here is that being a Top Buyer appears to have nothing to do with one’s actual quality as a Buyer. A “Top Buyer” who contacted me today has a TWO Star overall rating. Others have commented here that their worst experiences came from people who are also now ranked as "Top Buyers."

If being a Top Rated Seller isn’t purely based on revenues, than being a Top Buyer shouldn’t be based on spending patterns alone. Otherwise, it becomes misleading.

Reply to @anarchofighter: Narrowing the scope of the gig and the $5.00 offer will allow less customization from self orders and allow more orders to require a custom quote. This works if the order traffic is high. Your gig really rocks! I don’t think your question was directed toward your gig. But here is the concept for others to see. Example:

You could remove the gig extras and give 2 specific offers: I will talk with you for 5 minutes about anti-bullying for $5.00 or

I can talk with you about anti-bullying for 30 minutes for $125.00. A video file is included with the 30 minute session. If your needs are different or you require a different topic, please message me for more information. I look forward to working with you.

Reply to @david388: I agree with you, I just checked out my worst buyers and saw that one of them is top rated buyer and I don’t understand how he get that badge he was a worst buyer who just tried to manipulate my kindness and by leaving negative feedback try to get more files he didn’t pay for, I’m totally done

• 5 weeks later...

What’s the criteria would be for “top buyer badge” is that the volume of orders they place or the higher amounts they pay for the order? Or It is like the combination of any of the one/two I mentioned + low cancellation rate?

Archived