Fiverr Forum

Top seller envy!

I offer 750 word articles, and only have 1 customer that buys them. I see on the front page people that write like, 200 words and get featured and top seller. What is their secret?!?! Anyone else feeling the green???

Buyers are more concerned about quality than word count. Those sellers who charge $5 for 200 words probably started out much higher :slight_smile: Deliver quality work and word will catch on. Eventually, you’ll get more sales and you can charge more!

On a side note, I’m not sure how you can afford to deliver 750 words and only receive $4. It wouldn’t hurt to lower your word count to, oh maybe, 500.

top sellers are overated imo.

Nothing against them but i love to work with no rank or lvl1 ppl, they usually are more humble .

I have to disagree. Many buyers DO look at the word count. In SEO especially, 500 is the minimum - so those buyers (and there are LOTS of them here), immediately eliminate any gig under 500 words!

:open_mouth:

See, I can only get the same repeat customer, and I figured people would flock, because my word count and rating are so high. That’s what I found maddening. The fact that so many people with 200 and 500 word counts make the front page! What’s their secret?

What’s their secret? Longevity, probably. :wink:

Be patient Mish. You are still very new… and it takes time for the “word to get out” about new gigs.

BE GLAD the only customer you have, is the best kind: a REPEAT customer.

Encourage him to leave you GREAT reviews about your work.

OH WAIT! I just looked at the actual Gig. Your “only 1 buyer” is one of the BEST buyers here. (I’m not allowed to name members, here on the Forum.) And I see he left you some GREAT reviews.

So you’re off to a great start. :slight_smile:

One suggestion… but it’s up to you, so think about it. You MIGHT want to add another gig - one specifically targeting writing articles for “SEO”, or “Keyword-targeted”, or “for Backlinks”, etc.

The idea here, is to place these keywords (SEO, Keyword, Backlink) in your gig TITLE - so that your gig will appear higher up, when people search using these keywords.

(And there are a LOT of “Internet Marketers” here, who search using those keywords!)

Hope that helps,

Robert

Reply to @regency85: I didn’t know he was so well known! I’m hoping he will keep coming back, at least until I can get more regulars or popularity. Also, that is something I keep seeing. I never knew what that meant, so thanks for letting me know! I will be sure to try that out.

Has nothing to do with what you offer really, but rather. How you’re found. I have seen terrible videos and terrible services and people still buy from them as they have landed on the right set of keywords or put their gig in the right category at the right time. There are users that get hundreds of orders on a week to week basis that sell a worthless service. It’s all about the SEO. The quality of the service is important of course but in the end sadly, it all comes down to being found. Basically, the best sellers are those that partake in shady and awfully unethical methods to amplify their order count.

Not saying that all sellers are like that but those that are getting 50 to 100+ orders on a week to week basis and have over THOUSANDS of positive feedback on just one gig it’s somewhat obvious. The gig of which I am referencing I won’t mention in particular, but it’s just one of many like that. That one essentially went into over-drive and is polluting the internet with their joke of a service. The equivalent level of actually below that of those that offer “facebook likes”(albeit a few of those services are legit but most are voiding the TOS of the page.)

Your best bet would be to take the time, do the research and figure out the keywords best fitting your service and naturally build up value to your gigs around them. Don’t go exploiting and taking advantage of everything you possibly can to do so. Essentially, don’t be like those “TOP TOP” sellers, but more like the true top-rated sellers that actually work hard for their money. Not the one’s that exploit anyone for $5. See my response in your other post for more info on the gig stuff.

freelancemm said: Basically, the best sellers are those that partake in shady and awfully unethical methods to amplify their order count.

I think your statement is wildly inaccurate. Nobody is making buyers order their gigs. I am one of those sellers you are referring to, getting 50+ orders a week. I don't make people order from me- they choose to, and I do not do anything shady to gain buyers. In fact, most sellers I know who get a lot of orders are just good at what the do. I am sorry you feel the way you do about top sellers.

Reply to @alliemadison12: Well, they did go on to say that they thought not all sellers were that way. Also, I just realized who you were! Your like a fiverr celeb. I don’t think I’ve been on the site and not seen you on the front, congrats! However, I am jelly like a doughnut :slight_smile:

There is a saying that goes, "Good things aren’t cheap and cheap things aren’t good."

I’m not implying anything but it’s a fact. :slight_smile:

Reply to @chaihock: Are you referring to me? I would swear by my work, and it’s cheap so that I may appease the masses of people who want more for less all the time. Just because it is a saying, doesn’t make it a fact. :slight_smile:

@BigMish - I think you’ll be successful. You just started your writing gig 5 days ago. It may take a little while. Give it another week or two and the orders will probably start rolling in.

Reply to @typingservice: Thanks!

Well bigmish, it looks like you are off to a great start. I searched “write an article” and your Gig came up on the 2nd page.

You’re welcome! Writing gigs are very popular on Fiverr. I think you’ll start getting discovered and the orders will pick up soon.

Reply to @bigmish: No, I’m not. It’s more of you get what you pay for kind of saying. Your offer could be cheap now because you’ve just started. It’s true and it’s what everyone did back then before they take flight. On whether they make it or not is another matter.

I know your work is cheap to serve those who wants more for less. However, this would only stay true when you’re “relatively” new here.

Once the orders starts rolling in, you’ll find that you won’t be able to handle the workload and queue, which explains the change in prices (offering less words for $5).

You will soon realize what you’re offering isn’t worth the $3.92 you’re getting per gig and you will change.

And the $3.92 is excluding the risk you’re taking per gig (time, effort, chargebacks, order cancellations, bad buyers, competitors who poses as buyers to bring you down and more).

I won’t elaborate on the dirty truth here as this is a public forum. Certain things are best kept personal :slight_smile:

IMO, whatever you’re offering now is only good for you to take flight and that’s about it. It’s not sustainable.

Don’t believe me? You don’t have to. But you will realize what I’ve mentioned above is true in the months to come or maybe in the later future; and that’s only if you make it through.

I’ve been here long enough to know and to share with you my experiences :slight_smile:

Reply to @bigmish: No, I’m not. It’s more of you get what you pay for kind of saying. Your offer could be cheap now because you’ve just started. It’s true and it’s what everyone did back then before they took flight. On whether they make it or not it’s another matter.

I know your work is cheap to serve those who wants more for less. However, this would only stay true when you’re “relatively” new here.

Once the orders starts rolling in, you’ll find that you won’t be able to handle the workload and queue, which explains the change in prices (offering less words for $5).

You will soon realize what you’re offering isn’t worth the $3.92 you’re getting per gig and you will change.

And the $3.92 is excluding the risk you’re taking per gig (time, effort, chargebacks, order cancellations, bad buyers, competitors who poses as buyers to bring you down and more).

I won’t elaborate on the dirty truth here as this is a public forum. Certain things are best kept personal. :slight_smile:

IMO, whatever you’re offering now is only good for you to take flight and that’s about it. It’s not sustainable.

Don’t believe me? You don’t have to. But you will realize what I’ve mentioned above is true in the months to come or maybe in the later future; and that’s only if you make it through.

I’ve been here long enough to know and to share with you my experiences :slight_smile:

Please don’t think I was trying to be rude. I just have to make sure my reputation as a quality writer/ seller is unscathed. I can understand that aspect as well, but my gripe was mainly about why they don’t simply go to newer sellers that give out more for their buck, like me. The monopoly of it is what grinds my gears. Thanks for the advice, it is very true! :slight_smile:

chaihock said: You will soon realize what you're offering isn't worth the $3.92 you're getting per gig and you will change.

Absolutely.

@bigmish
The initial front end offer (number of words, number of this or that) needs to be carefully planned and constructed to be sustainable, AND build-able to lead to future back end sales ( Extras, Options and Repeat Buyers ).

6 to 12 months from now when your gig is truly up and running, you'll (probably) wish you hadn't set the bar at 750.

Yes offering more quantity than the competitors seems like the logical thing to do, and you think it will get you sales, but it's a flash in the pan and really not the best business model, especially for new and unproven Sellers.

Good luck!