TOP Tips for New/Weary Buyers!

skinnybytara

#1- Of course, check the Seller’s track record. I recommend shooting for an 100% satisfaction rating.

#2- Samples? Feedback? The quality of their video and samples is crucial and feedback lets you know how customers have felt dealing with this seller in the past.

#3- Rating? Sellers become “Top Sellers” for a reason, usually on time delivery, quality product, and customer satisfaction.

#4- If the gig looks too good to be true, read the fine print. Some gigs require multiple purchases for one order, just be aware before you buy!

#5- Sellers who look very active are a great choice! Sellers who take the time out of their day to post in the forum and advertise themselves are generally the most dedicated to providing top quality.

#6- ALWAYS contact the Seller before you place your order! It’s very important to run the job by the Seller prior to placing the order, just to make sure the seller can take care of it.

What other tips can you offer new and nervous Buyers?

Thank you for helping out this wonderful community!

skinnybytara said:

#6- ALWAYS contact the Seller before you place your order! It's very important to run the job by the Seller prior to placing the order, just to make sure the seller can take care of it.

Um, um,... A tip for buying from me :) Only contact me if you really must :) I'm good at what I do. If I need something, I'll reach out to you.

My business on Fiverr is only scalable when I keep total contacts per order as low as possible.

You will see there are others who run much more friendly businesses :) I'm friendly here! LOL

Not so much in PM :) LOL

I agree with @anarchofighter. Contact is not always needed. Of course, this depends on the gig.

I would also think that even a 95% rating is good, or sometimes a 90%. Heck, sometimes even less. When looking at the sales record you also have to look at the number of sales. If you have a seller that has 10,000 thumbs, and a 92% rating that’s still pretty darn high meaning that over 9300 out of 10,000 clients are happy. Always remember to weigh that in.

In my Opinion, the “Top Rated” badge means nothing for judging quality. So don’t use it as more than a guide. I’ll use myself as an example. I’ve been here at Fiverr over a year, have done over 2500 orders in the last 6-7 months, have a perfect rating and have never been late on delivering. I am an expert on what I do with an eye for customer care. My point? I am NOT top rated. The “Top Rated Seller” is a club that is chosen by Fiverr staff. That’s why you’ll see people that are new to Fiverr, have under 500 orders (Some a lot less than that), without perfect ratings… and they’re still Top rated. My point? Top Rated isn’t the be all end all of quality.

(Note to Top Rated Sellers reading this: This isn’t a bash or insult to you guys. Even though ‘Top Rated’ is IMO a club picked by Fiverr staff, they’re not going to give someone the badge who doesn’t earn it. Good job).

And… finally… my advice to buyers… Go with your gut and use the various ratings as a guide only. If something doesn’t seem right it probably isn’t. If a seller offers 5 Million Youtube views in 2 days… and guarantees that the views are all from real people… Well. C’mon now. You know in your heart that the views won’t be coming from real people.

I agree with @anarchofighter. Contact is not always needed. Of course, this depends on the gig.

I would also think that even a 95% rating is good, or sometimes a 90%. Heck, sometimes even less. When looking at the sales record you also have to look at the number of sales. If you have a seller that has 10,000 thumbs, and a 92% rating that’s still pretty darn high meaning that over 9300 out of 10,000 clients are happy. Always remember to weigh that in.

In my Opinion, the “Top Rated” badge means nothing for judging quality. So don’t use it as more than a guide. I’ll use myself as an example. I’ve been here at Fiverr over a year, have done over 2500 orders in the last 6-7 months, have a perfect rating and have never been late on delivering. I am an expert on what I do with an eye for customer care. My point? I am NOT top rated. The “Top Rated Seller” is a club that is chosen by Fiverr staff. That’s why you’ll see people that are new to Fiverr, have under 500 orders (Some a lot less than that), without perfect ratings… and they’re still Top rated. My point? Top Rated isn’t the be all end all of quality.

(Note to Top Rated Sellers reading this: This isn’t a bash or insult to you guys. Even though ‘Top Rated’ is IMO a club picked by Fiverr staff, they’re not going to give someone the badge who doesn’t earn it. Good job).

And… finally… my advice to buyers… Go with your gut and use the various ratings as a guide only. If something doesn’t seem right it probably isn’t. If a seller offers 5 Million Youtube views in 2 days… and guarantees that the views are all from real people… Well. C’mon now. You know in your heart that the views won’t be coming from real people.

Well my #1 TIP to Buyers is:

> READ THE GIG DESCRIPTION <

This will help the buyer better understand the service and what to expect from it.

And its really annoying when someone didn’t read your description and assumes that you are obligated to do something you have described in your description as not possible.

This will help the buyer better understand the service and what to expect from it.

And its really annoying when someone didn’t read your description and assumes that you are obligated to do something you have described in your description as not possible.

Guest tn5rr2012
skinnybytara said: post in the forum and advertise themselves are generally the most dedicated to providing top quality.
Well since I am obsessed with the forum and marketing my family tree gig then I must be flippin obsessed! hahahaha yes I am thank you very much

Guest tn5rr2012
skinnybytara said: post in the forum and advertise themselves are generally the most dedicated to providing top quality.
Well since I am obsessed with the forum and marketing my family tree gig then I must be flippin obsessed! hahahaha yes I am thank you very much

Guest tn5rr2012

Guest tn5rr2012

Guest tn5rr2012

Archived